Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do you love where you are?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
  • 66 Replies
I live in Southern California and I hate it here. It's so over priced, crowded, hotttttttt, no jobs, etc. I would love to leave here one day. I'm just wondering where you live and what you like about it? A few things I will miss about Cali is there is always something to do and we are pretty close to everything. There are also some very beautiful spots here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalalamama
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Free health care for everyone, no fear of getting shot, acceptance and respect of other cultures, strong sense of community, caring neighbours....
Gingered
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I live on Cape Cod. I mostly love it because of the ocean. It is expensive though. We are thinking of moving to Vermont because we want a bigger piece of land to grow food and we like that the government there actually cares about people and what is best for them.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in a suburb of Detroit, MI...I love it here! Our city has phenomenal schools, so many family activities, a great library, awesome farmer's market, fantastic downtown, quiet neighborhoods, close to everything, central to the metro area, cost of living is pretty reasonable, you can't sneeze without running into a park...it's really a great place to live! It kind of has something for everyone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ffpm10
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM
I hate My state
But- where I live is right off a very busy Main Street- we never even have to cross the street for anything. And I work in the same neighborhood as my job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamianaFire
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in northern CA and I hate this state. I'd move tomorrow if it weren't for the really good jobs my DH & I have. we will move as soon as we can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jabojoe
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in central NJ and the cost of living is maybe average or slightly above. The schools are fantastic in my neighborhood and its a really safe neighborhood where everyone looks out for each other. Also lots of good places to shop and plenty of jobs.
CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I hate where I am. Country folks judge too quickly about a person and are not accepting at all. I was told to go back up north at a grocery store once. I have lived in Tennessee my whole life except when I was in Chicago 4 months. Lol the town I live in is trying to become a retirement community. We have hardly any jobs that pay well or even offer 40 hours a week. Drug crimes are high with many deaths involved. So sad

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM
I'm 2 minutes from the Nation's Capital, Washington DC.

There's never a dull moment, the price of living is high but paychecks are higher, and diversity is a given.

What's not to love?
heartstander
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:24 AM

I love where i am at right now. A beautiful area wih great neighbors and great weather. There are prks everywhere so we can go outside whenever o get some fresh air and the schools are good for when my son gets older.

Dragonfly315
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Wow I understand exactly what you mean.  I live in CT and it is so expensive here too.  For a small state we have some of the highest taxes.  I would leave in a minute too.  But my family is here.  And I am divorced with 2 children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)