Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I live in Southern California and I hate it here. It's so over priced, crowded, hotttttttt, no jobs, etc. I would love to leave here one day. I'm just wondering where you live and what you like about it? A few things I will miss about Cali is there is always something to do and we are pretty close to everything. There are also some very beautiful spots here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
working-girl
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I live in St. Louis and LOVE it. People bash it... all the time! But those who do either have never lived here or are not from here originally. I live in a suburb about 30 minutes outside of South City and we have great schools, affordable housing (we live in 1700 sq ft 2 story built 3 years ago - $160k!). Heathcare jobs are huge in demand out here right now and you have some of the BEST hospitals in the country and even a couple of the best in the WORLD. I am am getting ready to open a Boutique childcare center in my suburb because we live right near the GM plant which is expanding again! Know what my rent will be for the retail space? $650 a month for 950 sq ft!!!!!!!

I love it here. We moved away for DH's job some years ago... and finally decided to leave everything to come back. Even a 100k income ( that got cut in half when we moved!)... JUST so we could get back to the city that we LOVE

daytonbaby210
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I don't really love it live out in the middle of nowhere in tn wish we still lived in nebraska where at least where we were at the crime rate was extremely low.

emeraldangel20
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I hate North Carolina and will be leaving soon
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:03 PM
We visited CC last summer...LOVED it! We went to a Chatham As game...it was like walking iinto a Norman Rockwell painting.

Quoting Gingered:

I live on Cape Cod. I mostly love it because of the ocean. It is expensive though. We are thinking of moving to Vermont because we want a bigger piece of land to grow food and we like that the government there actually cares about people and what is best for them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I live just north of Philadelphia and love it. I love the changing seasons (fall is my favorite), I love that going in to Philly is easy as is going to NYC which my kids love. I love all of the history that's here and the museums. We're also only an hour and a half from beaches and about 3 hours from Washington DC (without traffic!)so overnight trips are pretty easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gingered
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Every time I think of leaving, I want to cry. I am hoping that things change financially by next year so we can stay.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

We visited CC last summer...LOVED it! We went to a Chatham As game...it was like walking iinto a Norman Rockwell painting.

Quoting Gingered:

I live on Cape Cod. I mostly love it because of the ocean. It is expensive though. We are thinking of moving to Vermont because we want a bigger piece of land to grow food and we like that the government there actually cares about people and what is best for them.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be sad too. I hope it works out for you.

Quoting Gingered:

Every time I think of leaving, I want to cry. I am hoping that things change financially by next year so we can stay.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Quoting Gingered:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
millasmum
by New Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM

The amount of traffic is amazing to me lol! I can't stand driving in the city.

Quoting Wickedawesome88:

What's not to love about Boston?!?! The strength,love and history here is amazing to me

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Because this is where DH got a job.

LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM

SoCal here too. HATE it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)