Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I live in Southern California and I hate it here. It's so over priced, crowded, hotttttttt, no jobs, etc. I would love to leave here one day. I'm just wondering where you live and what you like about it? A few things I will miss about Cali is there is always something to do and we are pretty close to everything. There are also some very beautiful spots here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
lizard3731
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Southern Indiana, just north of Louisville, Kentucky.  It's too hot here in the summer.  We always have a few days that above 100 with high humidity.  However, the winters are pretty mild with very little snow.  I'm in a small town, which is safer.  It has good schools.  We're only about 10 miles from Louisville and 100 from Indianapolis, so you can find stuff to do without having to travel too far.  The cost of living is good.  You can buy a decent home for less than $150k.

RADmomma
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I grew up on the cape!!!

Quoting Gingered:

I live on Cape Cod. I mostly love it because of the ocean. It is expensive though. We are thinking of moving to Vermont because we want a bigger piece of land to grow food and we like that the government there actually cares about people and what is best for them.

RADmomma
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I currently live in Maine. I don't like it.
RADmomma
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Where do u live?

Quoting lalalamama:

Free health care for everyone, no fear of getting shot, acceptance and respect of other cultures, strong sense of community, caring neighbours....
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM
I love where I love because it is so quiet. We live in a suburb out sortave in the country. Wooded area. I love not having neighbors so close they can here your conversations loving room to living room and our schools are AMAZING. No thugs, gangs, etc. The teachers actually care about the kids and know all of them. We are a very small tight nit area.
lalalamama
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Mid-sized town in Canada.

Quoting RADmomma:

Where do u live?

Quoting lalalamama:

Free health care for everyone, no fear of getting shot, acceptance and respect of other cultures, strong sense of community, caring neighbours....

supercarp
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I live in Michigan and I love the outdoors, so this is a great place to be. The woods and lakes are beautiful and there are lots of birds and wildlife. I love the 4 seasons. I like seeing the aurora borealis. I love that it's not so crowded here. I love that it takes me less than 15 minutes to get to work. The cost of living isn't too bad, it's not too expensive to own vacation property.

Katenemsmom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am in Southern California and I love my city.  The weather is perfect year-round, schools are great, lots of community events, short drive to the beach and lots of good paying jobs.

I do hate the high price to live here - $5 a gallon of gas is ridiculous!

Katenemsmom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

My dad lives in Lynnville.  DH interviewed for a job in Evansville, we were seriously considering the move, but he did not get the job, much to my dad's disappointment.

Quoting lizard3731:

I live in Southern Indiana, just north of Louisville, Kentucky.  It's too hot here in the summer.  We always have a few days that above 100 with high humidity.  However, the winters are pretty mild with very little snow.  I'm in a small town, which is safer.  It has good schools.  We're only about 10 miles from Louisville and 100 from Indianapolis, so you can find stuff to do without having to travel too far.  The cost of living is good.  You can buy a decent home for less than $150k.

blue123244
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM

lol ! live in Southern Cal and I Love it!  so I wouldnt be the best to ask - I grew up in Boston though and Boston has it's charms if you like changes in seasons and a college town has lots to offer in terms of entertainment and such

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)