Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I live in Southern California and I hate it here. It's so over priced, crowded, hotttttttt, no jobs, etc. I would love to leave here one day. I'm just wondering where you live and what you like about it? A few things I will miss about Cali is there is always something to do and we are pretty close to everything. There are also some very beautiful spots here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
theresaphilly
by Theresa on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I live in the out-skirts of Philadelphia, It is rather quiet in a cul-de-sac neighborhood, but it's ok, I would prefer to like in the downtown area myself. I want to be near the action, suburbs not my place.
MessedUpMama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I love where I live. The weather is moderate here, we may have a few days with temps above 90 or below 40, but just a few. It does rain here during the winter, so if you have problems if you don't see the sun for weeks on end, you probably don't want to live here, or if you do you want to get oe of the lamps that can help with that. The cost of living is fairly low, the people are nice. We have a fairly liberal political standing, but there are plenty of conservitives too. I feel that we do a better job of getting along, liberals and concervatives, than some other states I've lived in. I also love that my family is here. My Mom and Dad live here, one of my brothers lives here, and one grown niece lives here with their children. Mom and Dad are a couple of hours away, Brother and niece are in the same town. My adult children live in this state too. One in the same town, and one about 45 minutes away.

I think that as long as I had my family around me I could be happy almost any where. I'd have to have a good air conditioner if it was somewhere with high temps in the summer, and a good heater if it was somewhere that got really cold in the winter. If I was alone a lot of the time, I'd stay here because I love the area, I love the weather, and I feel at home here.

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM
My roots are here. My family is here. We talk about moving, but I'm not so sure if it came down to it I would.
There is just something about that S curve, the air smells different, the temperature drops and I know right at that spot, home is a few minutes away.
kattcooper
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:35 PM
This!!

I love Canada!

Quoting lalalamama:

Free health care for everyone, no fear of getting shot, acceptance and respect of other cultures, strong sense of community, caring neighbours....

reche1978
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I live in Maryland and have been here almost my whole life. 
Were about 45 min from DC and Baltimore we get all 4 seasons here, it is pricey but were happy and my family is here

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I love where I am right now because our move was spontaneous. We moves from a 2400 square foot house into a 24 foot camper, dh and me and two kiddos.
We moved to gulf shores Alabama. We don't regret it for a second. Yes, its tight quarters and nothing fancy, but we have become a tighter unit as a family qmd the weather and people are amazing!
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:56 AM
I also live in southern CA, and overall I like it. The last several days, I've been hating the humidity (love the heat, though), but that's about it. I like being close to all my family (not too close, but close enough), and I love having access to all that southern CA has to offer. Now, if only the humidity level would drop...
babybrooks07
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Haha. Yeah, I actually get that a lot. Everyone around me likes Cali, with a few exceptions. I guess at heart, I'm just not a California girl. Lmao. I love the cold weather and I'm not really a people person, so I'd love an area with a small population.

Quoting blue123244:

lol ! live in Southern Cal and I Love it!  so I wouldnt be the best to ask - I grew up in Boston though and Boston has it's charms if you like changes in seasons and a college town has lots to offer in terms of entertainment and such

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybrooks07
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Ahh!! You love the heat?? Lol. Then you are for sure in the right place! I can't stand it. I'm so miserable. My boyfriend always jokes that I'm emo because I love the cold. Rain is just my favorite!

Quoting taniamorse85:

I also live in southern CA, and overall I like it. The last several days, I've been hating the humidity (love the heat, though), but that's about it. I like being close to all my family (not too close, but close enough), and I love having access to all that southern CA has to offer. Now, if only the humidity level would drop...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babybrooks07
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I've actually considered moving there. I'd love a visit sometime. My boyfriend is not too fond of the idea :( How's the weather year round??

Quoting kattcooper:

This!!

I love Canada!

Quoting lalalamama:

Free health care for everyone, no fear of getting shot, acceptance and respect of other cultures, strong sense of community, caring neighbours....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)