Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I live in Southern California and I hate it here. It's so over priced, crowded, hotttttttt, no jobs, etc. I would love to leave here one day. I'm just wondering where you live and what you like about it? A few things I will miss about Cali is there is always something to do and we are pretty close to everything. There are also some very beautiful spots here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Replies (61-66):
AshleyLynnW
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:09 PM
He's working fora company that makes hydraulic cylinders. He gets tons of overtime! He turned down a corrections job in Gulf Shores. Things like gas/groceries are cheaper here than Colorado was, so cost of living is cheaper for us. Our kids love it here :)

Quoting eesmommy:

That is true. There are more thongs to do. What does your hubby do? Mine is a facilities manager for hotels on the beach. Not so great money lol.

Quoting AshleyLynnW:

We moved to Foley a few months ago! I grew up down here. We love it here, there are a lot more jobs. My DH is making way more money here than he was in Colorado. There are always things to go do here. It's beautiful, even though busy still has small town charm!

Quoting eesmommy:

I love where I am right now because our move was spontaneous. We moves from a 2400 square foot house into a 24 foot camper, dh and me and two kiddos.

We moved to gulf shores Alabama. We don't regret it for a second. Yes, its tight quarters and nothing fancy, but we have become a tighter unit as a family qmd the weather and people are amazing!

AuntyEm774
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I live in SW North Dakota and it is great for the most part. Crime is relatively low, the Badlands are beautiful, and we are pretty self sufficient on the ranch. The area is in the middle of an oil boom right now, so traffic is terrible and shopping for groceries or anything else is almost impossible.
LDavis33
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Fellow Canadian, eh?

Quoting lalalamama:

Free health care for everyone, no fear of getting shot, acceptance and respect of other cultures, strong sense of community, caring neighbours....

Jenn77781
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I live in Massachusetts and my husband is always saying he would love so much to live in Southern CA. I do have family that lives there but I am with you on living there. I see the reality of what it would mean to live there. It really would not work out for us. I love living in a small town in my cozy, country home. :)

Quoting babybrooks07:

I live in Southern California and I hate it here. It's so over priced, crowded, hotttttttt, no jobs, etc. I would love to leave here one day. I'm just wondering where you live and what you like about it? A few things I will miss about Cali is there is always something to do and we are pretty close to everything. There are also some very beautiful spots here.

la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I love that we live in the country but can easily drive to a few major cities including Washington DC. It's a low crime area. We would like to move one day.

lalalamama
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Yep! Takes one to know one, eh?

Quoting LDavis33:

Fellow Canadian, eh?

Quoting lalalamama:

Free health care for everyone, no fear of getting shot, acceptance and respect of other cultures, strong sense of community, caring neighbours....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)