Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you forgive people that make horrible mistakes? Like going off on you, or getting mad at something so tiny? If they apologize and change. Would you forgive them?

I have a friend that I've known since I was 7. She was 8. I was having an episode 2 years ago, and I went off on her for her continuously blowing off hanging out because it effected my kids (they would cry because all of a sudden they didn't get to hang out with their best friends- they were like 4 and 5). She would just make other plans. Well, we didn't talk for over a year. I asked her forgiveness and apologized and I let her cool off and left her alone for 2 years. I messaged her 4 months ago and asked how she was doing and we have been hanging out weekly since. She forgave me, but I completely understood if she chose not to.

Are you a forgiving person?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Replies (81-90):
Crystaal
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Depends on what they did..i may forgive but if it was really bad I can hold a mean grudge!

Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

No, and it is something I am desperately trying to work on. I held grudges against people from elementary, middle, and high school, and you know what? They've gone on with their lives. It is time for me to do the same, and I have to remind myself of this on a daily basis.

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

ummmm...yeah, I forgive...but I never forget lol.

twingirlmommy
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I am way too forgiving.
kurmom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM
It depends on the situation. I am usually the one who is good at holding a grudge, but I think something like you are talking about I would forgive. People have bad days. And I am able to be open minded and if I did something wrong I can own up to it.
Basherte
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:15 AM

This is why I never make plans. I make tentative plans. I never tell my child anything until it's absolutely going to happen.

If it isn't going to happen, I don't want him to get upset over it. Would upset me more for affecting my child negatively than me. I can understand that things come up. For my son though it has to be definite. Period.My son doesn't do well with sudden changes in his routine. So things have to be planned way in advance so that we can prepare him for the changes for that day.

I would seriously have an issue with things constantly being changed at the last minute.

Bottom line: You make my son cry more than once because you can't/won't come over? Then you are no longer invited. I'll still talk to you, but you won't be invited to come over ever again.

CafeMom Tickers
TheMrs407
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Forgive, but never forget.

RoxeyMama
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I forgive the first time but after the 3rd or 4th its very hard and I probably wont forgive cause they didn't learn anything. I am very forgiving though.
RADmomma
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Not easily
newmomma2011
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM

to me it depends on what the situation is i had a bestie for over 6 yrs and she did things to me that broke my trust and i didnt talk to her for a few mths at a time but then she and i were argueing over the fact that i was letting her know i would be around her bf becasue he was be a womenizing man toward me and i dont put up with that and during the fight she ended our friendship becasue she called cps and made false acusations but as for what you said u do i think its forgivable 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN