Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New mum from Sydney happy to join group!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 2 Replies

Hi to all the mums out there, thanks for letting me join your group! I am an Australian mother of a child with autism and I'm trying to raise awareness for inclusion for children with autism in their school environment. Please find below the link for a video that my daughter and I posted on YouTube 5 weeks ago in the hope that we can make some ripples and encourage Inclusion 4 Autism. Please share the link with your school and your friends. Our aim is to have this message reach teachers, parents and school children so that our children with Autism are not so isolated in school. The video has a very simple message, I hope it will make a difference. In just 5 weeks we have had around 7000 views and the feedback from mums and schools has taken me by surprise.            

In all his high school years, my son (now in yr 11) received one phone call from a class mate last year...that night he could not sleep from excitement and to this day he still talks about this one call from his “friend”.  This lack of interaction is usually not deliberate, the thought just does not occur to the students, that’s why I am so keen on making the “suggestion”.

Please help spread this simple message, help us make a ripple.

With many thanks, Ronnie

http://youtube/XmrDHdbdo_c          (or  type Inclusion 4 Autism in the YouTube search engine)

p.s. Kasey Chambers has given us permission to use her song as a backdrop to our video.

p.p.s. just a brief warning... there are 2 spelling mistakes which were put there deliberately as we did not want it to be perfect, we want it like our kids with Autism, a little “quirky”.

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!!!  I am unable to watch videos at work so I will check it out when I get home!  Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job raising awareness!

jigsaw ribbon

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!!

I will need to check out your video when I am not at work. I think it is amazing to raise awareness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)