Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Too old to get pregnant

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 30 Replies

My husband is wanting to have two more children and he is 44 and I am 42.  We have four children ages 23 to 15 and I do love children but I keep having this weird feeling that it could kill me I don't now what do you women think and c'mon no bashing please I am on the fence on this one.

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I had my youngest @ 42, my other 4 were 21, 19, 16 & 14.....It's been wonderfully amazing. 

mom2many2count
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM

So did you have any fears or did you just say what the heck anyways?  Am I being paranoid and did you have any complications

Quoting Amybelle:

I had my youngest @ 42, my other 4 were 21, 19, 16 & 14.....It's been wonderfully amazing. 

Amybelle
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I talked with my OB about the risks & He really reassured me. Had a pretty easy pregnancy. And now have a happy, healthy, amazing 6yo who brings sooooo much energy & joy to our family. People on here often over exagerate the risks, definately talk to you Dr. to get the accurate info.

Quoting mom2many2count:

So did you have any fears or did you just say what the heck anyways?  Am I being paranoid and did you have any complications

Quoting Amybelle:

lovebugs_mom906
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM
You can only do what is best for you. I am pregnant with my third at 34, and it has been my hardest so far - and I'm only 13 weeks in :-)

There have been many people to have babies into their 40's, who delivered happy and healthy babies. Even celebrities have started having babies later. If you think you are capable and want to do it, then go for it! If you have doubts, talk with your doctor. Ultimately, it's up to you.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Talk to your ob.
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:14 PM

what does your obgyn think, how is your health over all? 

mom2many2count
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

My health is good, I feel fine and we exercise

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I'm 40 and this pregnancy is harder. I have high blood pressure. I am more tired and i haven't managed to gain weight. I will be 20 weeks in a couple days. That said the baby looks great and appears to be as healthy as my other kids.
sam12796
by Sandy on Jun. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM

If you are healthy and get your doctor's okay then why not? My friend had her last at 41 and they both did great. I had my last at 38. Pregnancy was a breeze and delivery went smooth.

LilliesValley
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I think you're very brave to want to start over! My dh is 45 this year and we are having our second child. Our first will be 7 this year. I'm 33. he's somewhat aprehensive but he's really excited about having another one. It could be harder and there are risks to being older but it's doable. have you considered adoption? i get wanting to have more of your own, but there may be less risks with adoption and you could make all the difference for a child or two. Just a thought. You could look at 3 or 4 year olds and miss some of the baby stuff like diapers, feedings and sleeping (or lack of sleeping). Best of luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)