Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

purple feet

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ever since dd's birth 11mo ago her feet turned purple during baths. 2 days ago we went swimming and her feet turned really purple we took her out and wrapped her in 2 towels. Is this something to worry about or mention to her dr?
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
fivegirls333
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM

you should mention it.  are they cold?  when you rub them does it go away?  is she cold when it happens?  does "she" seem to notice?  is she uncomfortable?  does it happen in cold or warm water or both.  i am sure you know it has to do with circulation.  i would take a picture when it happens to show her pediatrician.  don't worry...sounds harmless...

knagsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Dd did that as did ds they both had to do iron vitamin drops
BoxxyBabee
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Her baths are warm but they still turn purple. The pool was cold.. I never tried rubbing them

Quoting fivegirls333:

you should mention it.  are they cold?  when you rub them does it go away?  is she cold when it happens?  does "she" seem to notice?  is she uncomfortable?  does it happen in cold or warm water or both.  i am sure you know it has to do with circulation.  i would take a picture when it happens to show her pediatrician.  don't worry...sounds harmless...

BoxxyBabee
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Wic said shes anemic so the pedi gave us drops. I dont give it to her that often

Quoting knagsmom:

knagsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I gave them to each kid for about 3 months but then I started feeding them iron enriched foods and it's helped

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Wic said shes anemic so the pedi gave us drops. I dont give it to her that often

Quoting knagsmom:

Gingered
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM

My niece has Reynaud's syndrome (sp). It has to do with circulation. Her feet and fingers turn red, then purple, when they get too cold.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN