Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

infant ear piercing

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
  • 57 Replies

have you gotten your baby's ears pierced?  where/how?  did you just go to Claire's or other mall kiosk that uses a piercing gun or is there another/better way for infants?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovemyshadows
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Why would you want to pierce an infants ears?   If you insist I would go to a tattoo shop where they are trained in cleanliness and proper procedure.

baby7810
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

when we did our dd's she was 4m old and we just took her to clairs at the mall. they did 1 ear at a time and she only cried for 5sec and i haven't had a prob ever. she will be 3 next week

Retrokitty
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM
5 moms liked this
Most reputable places will not do it until the child can ask. I would not go to Clair's personally.

I plan on waiting until my child asks me also. It is their body not mine. I feel they have the right to choose.
harajukumoma
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I know- I find it totally unfair and unnecessary to the child. Who's to say that the baby would want it done?! Lol! Just cuz the baby's a girl doesn't mean they would like holes in their ears! I say wait Til they are able to make up their own minds!

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Why would you want to pierce an infants ears?   If you insist I would go to a tattoo shop where they are trained in cleanliness and proper procedure.

MamaMerkle126
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never pierce my baby's ears. It's an unnecessary ornamental whatever. I waited til I was 17, and any daughters I have can wait too. I'm glad I waited, honestly, because I went nuts after my first set and then did two more sets myself at home, so I had triple holes. Now I have scars and never wear the last two. Who knows what I would have done if I'd been allowed sooner?

harajukumoma
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Nicely said! Agree 100%

Quoting Retrokitty:

Most reputable places will not do it until the child can ask. I would not go to Clair's personally.

I plan on waiting until my child asks me also. It is their body not mine. I feel they have the right to choose.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter's were done when she was two months old at piercing pagoda. Like a previous poster, she cried for maybe 5 seconds. She's almost 8 now, and we never had any issues. I don't think a tattoo place will pierce anyone under 16.
haymama
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I think its 2 month olds can get theirs done and to be honest we took our first daughter to a claires like place but then later i learned its Much better to go to an actual parlor type place. Hers came out great she's 5 1/2 yrs now and no problems we haven't got our second daughters done yet though bc with the shape im worried about the placement looking right so im not sure when we will get hers done. Oh and she barely made a pep when it was done they did it she did the equivalent of an ow i nursed her and she was happy
TheDoctorsWife
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My nieces got theirs done at Clair's as babies
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I have boys but every baby girl in our family have had there ears pierced between 6-8 weeks old and most was done at Claire's.

Its seems to be a culture difference babies of Afro/Hispanic cultures are more likely to pierce there babies ears as oppose to white people. So you may get quite a few different opinions here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN