Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

have you gotten your baby's ears pierced?  where/how?  did you just go to Claire's or other mall kiosk that uses a piercing gun or is there another/better way for infants?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh hell no. They use the guns on babies. I wait till my kids can be spiked. Its safer that way.
MentorMom1
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Here's how I handled the ear piercing question with our two daughters. I told them when they got their period, it would be up to them if they wanted their ears pierced. And they did. I decided it was a rite of passage

haymama
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Quoting DACIA79:

I have boys but every baby girl in our family have had there ears pierced between 6-8 weeks old and most was done at Claire's.

Its seems to be a culture difference babies of Afro/Hispanic cultures are more likely to pierce there babies ears as oppose to white people. So you may get quite a few different opinions here.

That's not necessarily true, im white and i got my daughters ears done and so did the rest of my family with their daughters and my white friends got their daughters done. Plenty of white people have their daughters ears pierced young.
tigerstripes12
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM

heh which is funny because i wasn't asking for opinions.  oh well such is CM

i hadn't thought about the cultural difference but now that you point it out i can totally see that.

none of the girls had any problems with claires piercings?  sounds like pretty much everyone who has done it has just used claires with no problems.  i know i've had mine pierced there several times with no issues but i was also 13 the first time i got it done.

Quoting DACIA79:

I have boys but every baby girl in our family have had there ears pierced between 6-8 weeks old and most was done at Claire's.

Its seems to be a culture difference babies of Afro/Hispanic cultures are more likely to pierce there babies ears as oppose to white people. So you may get quite a few different opinions here.

tigerstripes12
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM

i think she was just saying it's not AS common in white culture as it is in afro/hispanic, not that it isn't done at all

and when i think about it, i don't know of a lot of white babies with pierced ears (though mine is going to be one) but that's not to say i've never know any at all

Quoting haymama:

Quoting DACIA79:

That's not necessarily true, im white and i got my daughters ears done and so did the rest of my family with their daughters and my white friends got their daughters done. Plenty of white people have their daughters ears pierced young.

tigerstripes12
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

that's a cute idea :) i like that.  makes that whole womanhood thing a little more special.  you don't just get the sucky period but you get to make a big decision for yourself.  smart momma.

Quoting MentorMom1:

Here's how I handled the ear piercing question with our two daughters. I told them when they got their period, it would be up to them if they wanted their ears pierced. And they did. I decided it was a rite of passage

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Quoting haymama:

I'm not saying that white people don't pierce there children's ears at a young age but from what I've observed through experience with others and reading the posts on Cafemom. White people seem more likely to wait until there kids are older or when they ask as opposed to people of Afro/ Hispanic descent seem to do it automatically so I hope I didn't offend you.
MissMissfit
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Bravo

I detest parents who pierce their children's ears with a gun and at the mall.

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Why would you want to pierce an infants ears?   If you insist I would go to a tattoo shop where they are trained in cleanliness and proper procedure.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Quoting tigerstripes12:

Yes Thank you that's exactly what I was saying
MissMissfit
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Call around. We have a shop on Melrose Ave, that will use the needle on an infant. I took DD there in April (she's 8).

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Oh hell no. They use the guns on babies. I wait till my kids can be spiked. Its safer that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN