Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

have you gotten your baby's ears pierced?  where/how?  did you just go to Claire's or other mall kiosk that uses a piercing gun or is there another/better way for infants?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I waited till my dd was almost 7 and wanted to have them done 

MissMissfit
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Not true. Just got DD's done at a professional parlor and she is 8. But they also do infants by appointment only, before the shop opens, for privacy.

Quoting toopicky429:

My daughter's were done when she was two months old at piercing pagoda. Like a previous poster, she cried for maybe 5 seconds. She's almost 8 now, and we never had any issues. I don't think a tattoo place will pierce anyone under 16.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Not in my state. Babies are not allowed to be spiked here. Laws are different per state.

Quoting MissMissfit:

Call around. We have a shop on Melrose Ave, that will use the needle on an infant. I took DD there in April (she's 8).

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Oh hell no. They use the guns on babies. I wait till my kids can be spiked. Its safer that way.

MissMissfit
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

That is absurd! You can use a disgusting, unsafe gun by some snotty teenager at a mall on an infant, but not a professional and licensed piercer?? 

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Not in my state. Babies are not allowed to be spiked here. Laws are different per state.

Quoting MissMissfit:

Call around. We have a shop on Melrose Ave, that will use the needle on an infant. I took DD there in April (she's 8).

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Oh hell no. They use the guns on babies. I wait till my kids can be spiked. Its safer that way.

tigerstripes12
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM

any suggestions (besides google because sometimes that's just a crap shoot) where i can find out the laws regarding it in my state, arizona?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Quoting MissMissfit:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:27 PM

That is one of the reasons I would never do it. Mind you I would never alter a childs body without their permission.  

Quoting MissMissfit:

That is absurd! You can use a disgusting, unsafe gun by some snotty teenager at a mall on an infant, but not a professional and licensed piercer?? 

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Quoting MissMissfit:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Call your pediatrician or a piercing studio. They will know. 

Quoting tigerstripes12:

any suggestions (besides google because sometimes that's just a crap shoot) where i can find out the laws regarding it in my state, arizona?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Quoting MissMissfit:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

tigerstripes12
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM

thank you :)

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Call your pediatrician or a piercing studio. They will know. 

Quoting tigerstripes12:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Quoting MissMissfit:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

MissMissfit
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM

The parent has to be physically present with the minor, in AZ. 

Quoting tigerstripes12:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Quoting MissMissfit:

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

ChloeDolce1
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I did my daughter's at 6 monthes and will do the same with my younger daughter. They did it at the pediatrician. I wouldn't trust them at Claire's with an infant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)