Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

have you gotten your baby's ears pierced?  where/how?  did you just go to Claire's or other mall kiosk that uses a piercing gun or is there another/better way for infants?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I wouldn't know my daughter is 7 and still not peirced

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:07 AM
My dd 's pediatrician did it for us when she was 4 months old.

No issues. She's 6 now and loves wearing earrings.
Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM
7mths with my first 2mths with my 2nd. Went to piercing Pergodia in the mall cause they were the only ones who would do 2 at once plus they were women not teens.
melisca1
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I didnt get my daughters ears pierced until she asked at 6. I am not agaisnt getting an infants done I really just didnt think of it until she asked me. We went to Claires and I made sure two people were doing it at the same time. It was just a little pinch and she was done. She didnt cry or anything. She got to pick out her own earrings and they healed up just fine.
lkane81
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:15 AM
My oldest was 9 mos and we went to a salon. They used the disposable pericers and shr just looked at the lady funny . Never had a problem with them and she loves putting new earrings in. My youngest is 4 and we nevet got hers done just because its been kinda the last thought on our minds. I wish i had gotten then done as an infant but we did she wants them done but now im toi scared of pain and her messing with them.
Caylaris1813
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:19 AM

We took DD to Clair'es. I don't recommend doing it. It didn't last very long. No infection or anything. Once it was ok to change the earrings, we couldn't keep any in. They just kept falling out. So, we let them close. We're waiting until she asks, if she does. 

MIL and I were talking about earrings the other day and DD asked about them, then said she doesn't want any. So, as of right now, she doesn't want them pierced. 

Gingered
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, but dear Lord, if you get your baby's ears pierced she will have two tiny holes in her ears and will need therapy forever because you didn't give her a choice.

I am being sarcastic. Good grief

kaylaybaby666
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I went to wal mart when my dd was 6 months
Maladro
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
My baby got hers at the pediatrician's. her doctor did not do it but another doctor there did and does it regularly. I find this safer than a tattoo place or a mall store. Find a pediatrician that does it in your area.

Quoting tigerstripes12:

have you gotten your baby's ears pierced?  where/how?  did you just go to Claire's or other mall kiosk that uses a piercing gun or is there another/better way for infants?

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
That's why I said "I don't think". I wasn't confirming that I was correct, but in my area to my knowledge they will not pierce children under 16.

Quoting MissMissfit:

Not true. Just got DD's done at a professional parlor and she is 8. But they also do infants by appointment only, before the shop opens, for privacy.

Quoting toopicky429:

My daughter's were done when she was two months old at piercing pagoda. Like a previous poster, she cried for maybe 5 seconds. She's almost 8 now, and we never had any issues. I don't think a tattoo place will pierce anyone under 16.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)