Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

have you gotten your baby's ears pierced?  where/how?  did you just go to Claire's or other mall kiosk that uses a piercing gun or is there another/better way for infants?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
haymama
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Quoting DACIA79:

Im not offended, i don't know if its a matter of where i grew up or what but everyone here gets their girls ears pierced as babies regardless of race its just normal, not doing it would be the unusual. People even ask why our second daughter doesn't have ears done yet ( she's 2yrs and her ear shape is different than mine and my oldest daughter so i was worried about the best placement)
Joni-mom23
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I only have boys. I would never do that to a baby. Its not really your chioce. Imo.
RADmomma
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM
We did our oldests at 8 months & well do our youngest around the sane time.
Schizomom91
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Yep dd was 6 weeks old
Took her to a tat shop
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I did my DD's ears when she was about a month old she's 11 now and her ears are fine. I'm not sure if they still have them but i bought a Home kit from Wal-mart(Jewerly Dept) to do it Myself.

It came with Earrings,Gun,Marker..... I cleaned her ears 3 times a day .

Good Luck on whatever you do :0)

MrsMiles85
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I took my oldest daughter to Claires.  They were clean and did a good job.  I didn't see the point when she was a baby, I wanted it to be something she wanted.  So when she first asked me, I made sure to explain that it would hurt.  When we got to Claires, there was only one lady working so I made sure my daughter knew that if she went through with getting one ear pierced, she was definitely going to get the other one done, there was no turning back.  She wanted it bad enough that we didn't have any problems.  Getting my ears pierced was a big deal, I wanted it to be for her too.

lizard3731
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Nope. I think kids should be old enough to care for their ears before they get them pierced.
JollyMommy84
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I was planning to when my daughter was a baby but I just never got around to it,she's 7 now and has no interest in getting her ears pierced oh well,and I was going to take her to Claire's...

kristen0812
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM
My first daughter was pierced at 6 weeks and my now 9 month old hasn't been done yet for specific reasons but as soon as we get the go ahead that'll be our first stop. It drives me crazy that she doesn't have earrings. I think the earlier the better. They won't remember it anyway. I personally think its weird when little girls don't have their ears pierced. Thats just my opinion
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:44 PM

i got my daughters done at 4 months old, i took her to a place called "merle norman" (im in canada, dont know if you have that in the states)..when you decide to take your daughter, i would call ahead and make an appt tho..and make sure you make the appt for when TWO trained ear piercers are working, so they can get each do one ear at the same time!!  did this with my daughter, and we had no issues, whatsoever!! she cried for 7 seconds, and i think it was more or less because two strangers were surrounding her..and IMO its easier to do at a younger age that way they dont play with their ears or pull at them, its easier to clean. and of course they just look so stinkin cute!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)