Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

have you gotten your baby's ears pierced?  where/how?  did you just go to Claire's or other mall kiosk that uses a piercing gun or is there another/better way for infants?

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (51-57):
alexis_06
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM

i will also add that when she was 7 she got her cartilage done, when she was 8 she got her second set done...shes 9 now, and next week shes going to get her third set...she LOVES the fact that she has her ears pierced!!

cox3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Imo it looks strange to have a babys ears pierced. But i know its popular wither the Hispanic population.
blue123244
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM

It' a cultural thing too - how do people feel about getting a dog's ear pierced?  I saw one the other day

theresaphilly
by Theresa on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I got my daughter's ear pierced at the mall Kiosk when she was about two months.
Aziller
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I had all 3 of my daughters' ears pierced by their very reputable pediatricians in Atlanta and Dallas. All 3 girls' ears were pierced between 4-6 weeks, before their baptism. I come from a diverse well educated background (multiple masters, PhDs in various sciences). I do agree it is a cultural issue however it is supported by the medical profession. You may have to call a few and probably look for a Hispanic, Latin or of other diverse background doctor. My girls are now 16, 14 and 11. No regrets ever!
Love & Grace,
A
AbbeysMom2013
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:55 AM
My plan was to have my daughters ears pierced as soon as I could. She went to the nicu about a day after birth for low blood sugar. I can't even count how many times her little feet were pricked. I decided that was enough and changed my mind.
PrincessGemini
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I don't believe in doing any sort of body modification on an infant, since it is not my body so it is not my right to choose what sort of modification to do to my child's body. I would wait until my daughter was old enough to ask, and then it could be a sort of mother/daughter outing. BUT if you insist on getting your infant daughters ears pierced then go to a tattoo shop, not the mall. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN