Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (July 1st)

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM
  • 49 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

waveRobin

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Landonsmama526
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi Everyone!!
I'm new here, signed up tonight after finding this on the "proud single moms" Facebook page.
My name is Nichole, I'm the very proud Mama of Landon who just turned 4 in May!! I am born and raised in Plaistow, NH and that is where I am currently raising my son as well. I am a single mom, as I'm sure you already assumed that from my statement above. To make a long and complicated story short - met my baby daddy in HS, we were together for over 3 years when I got pregnant, things took a turn for the worst when I was just two months pregnant and we tried making amends when my son was born. When he turned one I filed for sole custody and won the battle. We have not seen or spoken to him since, but we do still remain close with his family.
In my free time I enjoy reading, cleaning, crafting, catching up on some shows on dvr (my current faves are Long Island medium and army wives), love playing with my son. He is growing so fast! We love taking trips to the Zoo, the park, aquarium, etc.
I stumbled across the fb page and it was like a little sign pointing me in the right direction. I am a single mom and a lonely mom. I dont know any other single mom, so it is hard to open up about some issues that I deal with as a single parent. Many of my friends are in the midst of starting their lives and I feel like mine really started 4 years ago when I was blessed with my son. So as a 24 year old, I really feel like I connect with the older generations but would like to meet people my age and get a connection with them.
I'm joining in the hopes to meet some great people and create friendships near and far. Hope you all have a great day!! This sleepy mama is finally going to bed...On the floor next to my son's bed, just as I promised him ;) Goodnight!
txlmr
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone!!  I'm mom to two wonderful little girls, Kyleigh - 21 months and Allison - 9 months.  My hands are full, but I love it.  I am a born and raised Houstonian and plan on raising my girls here if we don't melt in the process.  My fiance and I actually met online with neither of us looking for a relationship.  It just kind of happened.  We fell for each other and I'm so glad because he is just the best dad and partner for me.  Although I have "friends" who have become moms around the same time as me, I'm not close to any of them.  My core group of friends are all single and childless, so I feel like I'm on the outside looking into their lives sometimes.  I just thought I would get on here to meet more moms near and far that are going through the same things as me. :)

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Nichole,
Sorry things didn't work out with you & your baby's Dad.  Lots of great ladies here.
Here is another group you may also enjoy :)

Quoting Landonsmama526:

Hi Everyone!!
I'm new here, signed up tonight after finding this on the "proud single moms" Facebook page.
My name is Nichole, I'm the very proud Mama of Landon who just turned 4 in May!! I am born and raised in Plaistow, NH and that is where I am currently raising my son as well. I am a single mom, as I'm sure you already assumed that from my statement above. To make a long and complicated story short - met my baby daddy in HS, we were together for over 3 years when I got pregnant, things took a turn for the worst when I was just two months pregnant and we tried making amends when my son was born. When he turned one I filed for sole custody and won the battle. We have not seen or spoken to him since, but we do still remain close with his family.
In my free time I enjoy reading, cleaning, crafting, catching up on some shows on dvr (my current faves are Long Island medium and army wives), love playing with my son. He is growing so fast! We love taking trips to the Zoo, the park, aquarium, etc.
I stumbled across the fb page and it was like a little sign pointing me in the right direction. I am a single mom and a lonely mom. I dont know any other single mom, so it is hard to open up about some issues that I deal with as a single parent. Many of my friends are in the midst of starting their lives and I feel like mine really started 4 years ago when I was blessed with my son. So as a 24 year old, I really feel like I connect with the older generations but would like to meet people my age and get a connection with them.
I'm joining in the hopes to meet some great people and create friendships near and far. Hope you all have a great day!! This sleepy mama is finally going to bed...On the floor next to my son's bed, just as I promised him ;) Goodnight!

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Kyleigh,
Here is another group you may enjoy.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting txlmr:

Hello everyone!!  I'm mom to two wonderful little girls, Kyleigh - 21 months and Allison - 9 months.  My hands are full, but I love it.  I am a born and raised Houstonian and plan on raising my girls here if we don't melt in the process.  My fiance and I actually met online with neither of us looking for a relationship.  It just kind of happened.  We fell for each other and I'm so glad because he is just the best dad and partner for me.  Although I have "friends" who have become moms around the same time as me, I'm not close to any of them.  My core group of friends are all single and childless, so I feel like I'm on the outside looking into their lives sometimes.  I just thought I would get on here to meet more moms near and far that are going through the same things as me. :)

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Welcome to the group, so glad you found us!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

nice to meet you, and welcome to the group! I've been hearing about the heat wave out west, you stay safe!

Quoting txlmr:

dmartinez0205
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone!! My name is Dominique, I'm 25 and I live in a small South Texas town. I was raised there and enjoy the idea of raising my own two children there. I have a 6 year old daughter, Aaliyah, and a 13 month old son, Ayden. My hubby and I have recently been discussing the idea of a baby #3!! Nothing for sure yet, the idea both excited and terrifies me lol. I love to read in my spare time, my daughter is also making it a favorite pastime of hers which I love! I also enjoy taking my little ones to the movies, I'm afraid I might enjoy some of them more than they do, I'm still a kid at heart :D

savannah2013
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

OK a little about me...I have a 7 year old and a 8 month old.  I have a 51 year old significant other.. We live about 20 minutes from Charlotte NC. 

Frank and I met online and had we not had a helluava drunken night and made a baby boy we are quite certain we would have not made it past the 2 nd or third date..lol.  We do what we have to in order to riase the children in a home enviorment, not considering what were doing in out own lives becuase for us it is all about those children growing up in a home with two parents who love and care for them very much.  Not your typical husband/wife home but the kids are fine and thats what matters most to us. 

What do I like to do when I am alone...well thats been so long I really have lost sight of that.  Most my alone time is in the car driving to or from work.  I work for a group of Speciality doctors 40 hours a week  and work PRN at the local hospital in the emergency Room. 

I am a mommy and thats what I see when I look in the morror..one day I will be abck to my diva self but right now all that energy goes to being a good mother for my children.  I do miss myself sometimes tho:)

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Dominque,
LOL on the movies .. sounds good :)

Quoting dmartinez0205:

Hi everyone!! My name is Dominique, I'm 25 and I live in a small South Texas town. I was raised there and enjoy the idea of raising my own two children there. I have a 6 year old daughter, Aaliyah, and a 13 month old son, Ayden. My hubby and I have recently been discussing the idea of a baby #3!! Nothing for sure yet, the idea both excited and terrifies me lol. I love to read in my spare time, my daughter is also making it a favorite pastime of hers which I love! I also enjoy taking my little ones to the movies, I'm afraid I might enjoy some of them more than they do, I'm still a kid at heart :D

hugss
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
As long as it works for you that's what counts.
One day you will have more time for you :)

Quoting savannah2013:

OK a little about me...I have a 7 year old and a 8 month old.  I have a 51 year old significant other.. We live about 20 minutes from Charlotte NC. 

Frank and I met online and had we not had a helluava drunken night and made a baby boy we are quite certain we would have not made it past the 2 nd or third date..lol.  We do what we have to in order to riase the children in a home enviorment, not considering what were doing in out own lives becuase for us it is all about those children growing up in a home with two parents who love and care for them very much.  Not your typical husband/wife home but the kids are fine and thats what matters most to us. 

What do I like to do when I am alone...well thats been so long I really have lost sight of that.  Most my alone time is in the car driving to or from work.  I work for a group of Speciality doctors 40 hours a week  and work PRN at the local hospital in the emergency Room. 

I am a mommy and thats what I see when I look in the morror..one day I will be abck to my diva self but right now all that energy goes to being a good mother for my children.  I do miss myself sometimes tho:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)