Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Becoming more than mom

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hello! I haven't been on here in a very long time but I need to know if I am the only mom like this or not. Lately I feel like I need to become "better" I need to lose weight for my health, I am heavily obese. Along with that I have been battling with fierce depression and am trying to work my way through it. I am on medication but they don't help that much. I know that if I just started exercising it would help but I don't have the motivation or the support. One the hardest things for me right now is I no longer have a BFF. We all know how important our girlfriends are, I do have a few really good friends. The girl that I have been friends with for over 22 years wasn't there for me when my grandma died. I called her from the hospital since she had known her for most of her life. The next day happened to be my son's 2nd birthday so I asked her to come out... she said she couldn't because she didn't have gas money until the next day. Fine I called her again and she said she couldn't because her boyfriend had to work early in the morning and she needed to spend time with him. I told her plan on coming over after my son's birthday party two days later. That day came and she hardly talked to me and said she couldn't come over. So I told her I didn't want someone that wasn't there for me during the hard times to be around during the good times. My DF tries to listen but he doesn't relate. Anyways, like I said i'm try to get to the other side of the fog i've been in. I'm wanting to become more than just a mom because my son is 2.5 so in a few short years he will be going to school. I don't know where to start. I know i want to go back to community college but I really don't know in what. Thanks for reading my rambling rant
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Hugs!

Everything will work out, Momma. Keep your head up.

As far as exercise is concerned, you have a little boy! Run (or walk fast) with him. Play tag, dance, go for walks, roll around on the floor with him, etc. Make it a point to do it several times a day.

A little goes a long way. You'll be surprised how much energy you'll gain and your mood will improve.

Hang in there!
mommymert11
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! I know if I just matched my son step for step I'd lose weight in no time.

TaylorKarl
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I'm right there with you in the weight dept, and it stinks! I know if I was more active it would help my energy level and maybe start to shed a few pounds. I've been a SAHM since April of 2012, and I've steadily gained since then. I pretty much just stay home a lot with my son. Aside from weekly grocery store trips, or the occasional lunch date with old friends/coworkers we don't do much but play in the house. I don't really have a great support system for weight loss or even a big lifestyle change, but I've been thinking about joining WWonline, to at least be accountable to SOMEONE for my eating and exercise habits. It's just not easy. I'm sorry to hear about your BFF problems. It's not easy any time you go thru a loss, especially when your support system lacks in the support. Just try your best to keep your chin up buttercup, you've got a little one depending on you and your emotions can set the tone for his as well. Msg me here if you ever want to talk, I'll be a good listener. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN