Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (July 8th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Hope you managed to get back to sleep
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting MindyKing:

Hello.  I'm 39 and a mother of 2 boys (6 months and 2 years).  I was having trouble sleeping tonight, surfing the web, and found this site so thought I'd check it out.  I have a Master's degree in Library Science and my MBA and work at a University Library.  I love my husband and kids, and my job.  But have found that with all the business of juggling family and work I have become disconnected with friends and hobbies. 

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Welocme to CafeMom Ashley,
So nice to meet you :)

Quoting Mommatryin2KIN:

Hiya, I'm Ashley ash for short (literally 5'2 here)So short and 21 = 12yr atleast everyone who see's me seems to think so..  I have one boy (only boy for the past 10 yrs) who is 15 months and thick and chunky!  I have grown up most off my life eastside carolina's and currently *sigh* In S.C. My dh and I met in middle school and got back in touch in high school (moved alot back and forth sc-nc) Favorite things to do in the time I have babeless is either catch a nap play COD BO2 (Xbox) or unwrap the mystery's of coupon's/ diy health, baby, home(etc) or Pinterest the time away in what seem's like 5 mins lol. And sometime's not very often I play with trying to be more femme....

hugss

by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on your new little one.
Here are a couple of other groups you may find helpful :)

Quoting remarie:

Hello, I'm 29 years old and my son Tyler is just 3 weeks old. He was born on father's day. I work at a pet store but I hope I can be a stay at home mom soon. I have been married to my husband for one year, we dated for 9 years. I have always wanted to be a mom and I love it so far, but I'm struggling with a lot of anxiety right now. I'm trying to continue breast feeding despite some problems. I just want some support from other mom's and I'm hoping to kick this depression and prove to myself that even if I can't continue breast feeding I'm not a bad mom.

hugss

by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,
Ask anything anytime ..
Here is another group you may also enjoy :)

Quoting gauge.mom:

hi, im a 37 y/o mom of 2. One 14 year old "scene" daughter, and a 4 y/o son. well just about. 

i am married to a man that i love for the last 10 years but his drinking has increased and gotten worse. at least now, he stays outside in his garage/man cave until after the kids are asleep.

i am going to be all over this place with questions. i have been reading cafe mom since i liked you guys on fb over a year ago, maybe more. but today i said, i have 2 "allowed" friends who are my neighbors....one is 50 y/o no kids, and the other a 21 y/o(i know she is closer to my daughters age, but without her, i would not have known this whole punk emo kid i have now. but they dont have kids. the younger is polite and tolerates him cos she has a younger sister. but the older couple, you can see the frustration when i ask to go with my son. i need help.

having a teen girl and preschool boy is karma biting me in the butt big time!

i suffer from bipolar and anxiety disorder. this makes it extremely hard to keep it together for me, let alone for all the others. only one working and its a part time. pay is crappy, but i have lost 32 pounds in 3 months.(due to the manual labor of putting clothes on racks and walking back and forth the size of a market all day)(a thrift shop)

as you can see i can, and will go on and on. 

im interested in music, tho i cant sing or play instruments, i do write reviews of shows, and interviews when i can, also blog about free products reviews and whatever else is going on...

i know im not a bad mom, but im not a great or i think even good.

but i am here, and not running for the hills, for those same ones driving me batty are my life and i dont have the luxury to allow depression or mania get in my way of that.

oh grew up in new jersey til i was 11, moved to kendall in south miami where i lived 14 years, then moved to the triad in north carolina. (my daughter was 2, just got divorced) i wanted a new start, and that my daughter wouldn't end up in a high school like mine.

well, all that for nothing, cos parkland high may as well call itself miami sunset.

time to myself---are you serious? nah, um, i enjoy reading. a whole lot. im on my 4th summer book already.

wadelgal
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi fellow Moms! My name is Laura and I'm a mom of 3! I'm 25 and have been married to my darling husband Lindon for 4 years. After we had been married a year we decided to become foster parents as it has always been a dream of mine to make a difference in the lives of children who have everything they know pulled out from under them. 3 weeks after we got approved we got a precious newborn little boy straight from the hospital. It was to be a short term thing so in September we went ahead with our plan to try and conceive. That was a huge success the 1st time and we had a little girl Myra in June the following year. Jonathan turned out to not be a short term placement and 2 wks before his 2nd bday we were able to adopt him. So my two oldest are 11months apart. I told my husband if we're going to have more than 2 kids we might as well just have another since we already got started with a bang and so in November of last year Everett was born to us. So things are often quite crazy around here but we love our family and so its worth it! I'm stay at home mom just looking to make some connections and friends with other moms! Thanks!
mia_53106
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I have two children my little girls name is mia and she is seven years old and i also have a little boy named johnathan and he is four going on 21!...I grew up in houston but had to get away from the city life so my mother brought me and my brothers to a little town called La Grange Texas. I lived there up until i was 19 and then met my boyfriend that i am with now...were on our second baby and were excited my little girl is from a previous relationship. i have been with my boyfriend going on six years now...and when i do have the time i love to read and read..the morning sickness is really hurting me though i am allways throwing up ...i wish i had some medicine to help with it but just the thought of taking pills to help me not throw up makes me gag! lol...hopefully when i get to go to my first visit with the doc she or he will know what to do with me....lol

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Hi, Laura! Welcome to CafeMom! You must be so busy! Congratulations on your lovely family! Good for you. :)

Quoting wadelgal:

Hi fellow Moms! My name is Laura and I'm a mom of 3! I'm 25 and have been married to my darling husband Lindon for 4 years. After we had been married a year we decided to become foster parents as it has always been a dream of mine to make a difference in the lives of children who have everything they know pulled out from under them. 3 weeks after we got approved we got a precious newborn little boy straight from the hospital. It was to be a short term thing so in September we went ahead with our plan to try and conceive. That was a huge success the 1st time and we had a little girl Myra in June the following year. Jonathan turned out to not be a short term placement and 2 wks before his 2nd bday we were able to adopt him. So my two oldest are 11months apart. I told my husband if we're going to have more than 2 kids we might as well just have another since we already got started with a bang and so in November of last year Everett was born to us. So things are often quite crazy around here but we love our family and so its worth it! I'm stay at home mom just looking to make some connections and friends with other moms! Thanks!

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Welcome to the group!

I hope you feel better from the morning sickness soon. Your doctor should be able to help you. 

Quoting mia_53106:

I have two children my little girls name is mia and she is seven years old and i also have a little boy named johnathan and he is four going on 21!...I grew up in houston but had to get away from the city life so my mother brought me and my brothers to a little town called La Grange Texas. I lived there up until i was 19 and then met my boyfriend that i am with now...were on our second baby and were excited my little girl is from a previous relationship. i have been with my boyfriend going on six years now...and when i do have the time i love to read and read..the morning sickness is really hurting me though i am allways throwing up ...i wish i had some medicine to help with it but just the thought of taking pills to help me not throw up makes me gag! lol...hopefully when i get to go to my first visit with the doc she or he will know what to do with me....lol

LaDiva1020
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM

hello my name is Selena. I am married with 4 kids and 3 stepkids. I love to spend time with my family. I work full time and I am going to school for cosmetology. It can be difficult at times but I am sure it will be worth it at the end. I have been married for almost 3 years. I am in love with this wonderful man who helps me so much with the kids and is an awesome father. He has taken my kids in like his own. I adore this man! I hope to meet new people who are maybe in the same shoes as me or can give me advice when needed. Thank you ladies for giving advice and being there when someone needs to chat!

Selena

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Hello, Selena! Welcome! You are a busy lady! Best of luck with your schooling!

Quoting LaDiva1020:

hello my name is Selena. I am married with 4 kids and 3 stepkids. I love to spend time with my family. I work full time and I am going to school for cosmetology. It can be difficult at times but I am sure it will be worth it at the end. I have been married for almost 3 years. I am in love with this wonderful man who helps me so much with the kids and is an awesome father. He has taken my kids in like his own. I adore this man! I hope to meet new people who are maybe in the same shoes as me or can give me advice when needed. Thank you ladies for giving advice and being there when someone needs to chat!

Selena

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)