Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (July 8th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
lovedoctor27
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Because I am a life coach and I counsel couples And again I'm only assuming that the ex-wife gets involved because she's very jealous And tries to cause problems in your marriage But you would have to elaborate on what the problems are with the stepson what are your arguments about I can try to help
Wit_11
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Hello everyone my name is Witney and I am 26 y/o. My family and I have just relocated to Williamsburg Va from MI. I have a 3 y/o son named Camdyn who has very high energy and a 1 y/o daughter named Kaydenz who loves her daddy very much and is also super independent. We hope to find some friends to hang out with during the day while daddy is at work and I would love another adult to talk to :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Welcome to CafeMom Witney,
Hopefully yes you will make new friends there real soon.
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Wit_11:

Hello everyone my name is Witney and I am 26 y/o. My family and I have just relocated to Williamsburg Va from MI. I have a 3 y/o son named Camdyn who has very high energy and a 1 y/o daughter named Kaydenz who loves her daddy very much and is also super independent. We hope to find some friends to hang out with during the day while daddy is at work and I would love another adult to talk to :)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Congrats on your little bundle!  What a great way to spend Father's Day!  I struggled with breastfeeding my first son.  Just know that many moms cannot breastfeed.  You find a lot of support here.  :)

Quoting remarie:

Hello, I'm 29 years old and my son Tyler is just 3 weeks old. He was born on father's day. I work at a pet store but I hope I can be a stay at home mom soon. I have been married to my husband for one year, we dated for 9 years. I have always wanted to be a mom and I love it so far, but I'm struggling with a lot of anxiety right now. I'm trying to continue breast feeding despite some problems. I just want some support from other mom's and I'm hoping to kick this depression and prove to myself that even if I can't continue breast feeding I'm not a bad mom.

mommyloveslivi
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Hello fellow mommies, my name is Jennie and I am a first time mommy to the most beautiful almost-3-month-old girl, Olivia Louise (Livi Lou). I am in a weird situation. I have a BD (baby daddy), whom I am trying to be cordial with, and a NBD (non-baby daddy), whom was my friend and I started dated when I was 3 months pregnant. My life is currently all about my baby, which I'm assuming I'm not the only one lol, and I'm just looking to chat with a few mommies, share stories, and just be social with people who understand me and who I can understand. Right now I have all single friends with no kids; and lets face it, once you have a kid, those friends just don't really work anymore. 

Renaudfam
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Hello Ladies, My name is Opal and I am 32 yrs old SAHM and business owner. I have 2 girls ages 6 and 8 and Im 20 weeks pregnant with our little boy! We live in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida. I have been married to my amazing husband and soul mate for 10 yrs this October. We run a healthy green household as well. I am also a FT student and looking into applying into the nursing program soon to be an OB Labor and Deliver nurse.

v2011
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Hi, I'm V.

I am a single mother of two beautiful boys.  Meo, 15, and Kai, 12. We live in Colorado. I workout 4 days a week, at least, Mostly free weight training, it's one of the few things that helps me clear my mind.

I met the boys' father when I was 16 and we had been together for nearly 17 years when I realized the situation was unhealthy for everyone involved.  I was a stay at home mother, no college education when we separated in early 2011. It's been a real struggle.  The boys's father is angry and fights me on everything, our financial situation wasn't close to stable until recently, now my oldest son is acting out.  

I have tried to shelter my boys from the ugliest parts of their father's and my split, but their dad puts them in the middle often.  I left him because he was selfish and cruel.  He has my boys convinced he has changed, but that's easy to say when they only see him on the weekends. He's the "fun" parent.  He lives at home with this mother now, so she can cook and clean for them.  He pays no rent or bills.

I am left working long hours at two jobs to support the boys. Over the last couple of years, I havent been able to provide them with much more than the necessities. I am left being the "heavy".  I administer disipline and tough love, and do not speak poorly about their father to them.  Their dad often makes disparging comments about me.  I catch it all the time in texts. I really want to lash out, tell the kids what a fake their dad is, not the hero he pretends to be.  But the fact is, that will only hurt my children and I won't do that.

I'm here for support and advice.  He is using my boys as tools to get back at me for leaving. I feel like I am losing my oldest son.  He's so angry with me. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Welcome to CafeMom V,
Sorry you are having to go through this.
I would suggest you start a new post in the main forum here asking for ideas/suggestions.
Part of it with your oldest may be the fact that he is a teen.

here are a couple of other groups you may be interested in :)

Quoting v2011:

Hi, I'm V.

I am a single mother of two beautiful boys.  Meo, 15, and Kai, 12. We live in Colorado. I workout 4 days a week, at least, Mostly free weight training, it's one of the few things that helps me clear my mind.

I met the boys' father when I was 16 and we had been together for nearly 17 years when I realized the situation was unhealthy for everyone involved.  I was a stay at home mother, no college education when we separated in early 2011. It's been a real struggle.  The boys's father is angry and fights me on everything, our financial situation wasn't close to stable until recently, now my oldest son is acting out.  

I have tried to shelter my boys from the ugliest parts of their father's and my split, but their dad puts them in the middle often.  I left him because he was selfish and cruel.  He has my boys convinced he has changed, but that's easy to say when they only see him on the weekends. He's the "fun" parent.  He lives at home with this mother now, so she can cook and clean for them.  He pays no rent or bills.

I am left working long hours at two jobs to support the boys. Over the last couple of years, I havent been able to provide them with much more than the necessities. I am left being the "heavy".  I administer disipline and tough love, and do not speak poorly about their father to them.  Their dad often makes disparging comments about me.  I catch it all the time in texts. I really want to lash out, tell the kids what a fake their dad is, not the hero he pretends to be.  But the fact is, that will only hurt my children and I won't do that.

I'm here for support and advice.  He is using my boys as tools to get back at me for leaving. I feel like I am losing my oldest son.  He's so angry with me. 

v2011
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom V,
Sorry you are having to go through this.
I would suggest you start a new post in the main forum here asking for ideas/suggestions.
Part of it with your oldest may be the fact that he is a teen.

here are a couple of other groups you may be interested in :)

Quoting v2011:

Hi, I'm V.

MommaTerri320
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Hi!  My name is Terri. I don't have any children of my own but I do have a 'step daughter'. I consider her my own, she started calling me Mommy on her own so I see myself as Mommy #2.  Hailey is 3 years old, with curly red hair.  I met her father online almost 2 years ago.  I never thought I could handle a situation like this (ex wife & step child) but this saying has proven true in my life 'You're never given more than you can handle'. Kevin is great, we have a very open and honest relationship. I'm involved dealing with the other half just as much as he is.  The majority of communication with 'Mom' is done via email so it makes dealing with her much easier! 

For the past 3 months we've had 80% of the custody. A few weeks ago 'Mom' got her stuff together and we are back to 50/50.  The hardest part of sharing custody is 'Mom' isn't being a parent. She's stuck on being Hailey's friend and worried about Hailey not loving her. She babies Hailey, as we encourage Hailey to grow up.  When we get Hailey back we can see the regression in her and it breaks our heart. It makes me really angry and really sad. 

That's my short version of my story. I'm looking forward to meeting other women in the same situation. Instant Mom is a lot to take on, especially when you've never had practice on your own. (Plus, I don't have any siblings!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)