Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (July 31st)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 52 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lchung1983
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone! I joined today because I recently stopped blogging after 4 years of blogging A LOT and I'm starting to realize that it was not only my writing outlet, but also my community. I had people to talk to (even if it was only about blogging stuff). I just need to find me a new community and new things that I like to talk about....I kind of lost myself and I'm looking to find myself again.

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have two girls - 5 and 6 years old. They are 15 months apart and so drastically different people!

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in the middle of a corn field in Illinois and now I live in Metro Atlanta. For those of you who aren't familiar with Georgia, "Metro Atlanta" is pretty much anything south of the North Georgia Mountains and North of Savannah. It's a HUGE area. I'm NW of Atlanta. :)

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? We worked together in Illinois in a call center for T-Mobile. We still work together, but in a very different company and doing very different things. We're all grown up now!

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? This is a bit embarassing, but I like to play video games: World of Warcraft, Call of Duty Black Ops, things like that.

5. What's on your mind today? Yesterday was a very bad day. I realized that I have no real friends that I can talk to when things get tough as a mommy. Yesterday, my hubby came to my rescue and spent the day with me like we used to before kids, but we can't call off work every day just because I'm feeling overwhelmed. I need a new outlet.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:46 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
This is a great place to meet/make friends.
Sorry on yesterday but sure glad your DH was there for you.
Here is another group you may also enjoy :)

Quoting lchung1983:

Hi everyone! I joined today because I recently stopped blogging after 4 years of blogging A LOT and I'm starting to realize that it was not only my writing outlet, but also my community. I had people to talk to (even if it was only about blogging stuff). I just need to find me a new community and new things that I like to talk about....I kind of lost myself and I'm looking to find myself again.

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have two girls - 5 and 6 years old. They are 15 months apart and so drastically different people!

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in the middle of a corn field in Illinois and now I live in Metro Atlanta. For those of you who aren't familiar with Georgia, "Metro Atlanta" is pretty much anything south of the North Georgia Mountains and North of Savannah. It's a HUGE area. I'm NW of Atlanta. :)

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? We worked together in Illinois in a call center for T-Mobile. We still work together, but in a very different company and doing very different things. We're all grown up now!

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? This is a bit embarassing, but I like to play video games: World of Warcraft, Call of Duty Black Ops, things like that.

5. What's on your mind today? Yesterday was a very bad day. I realized that I have no real friends that I can talk to when things get tough as a mommy. Yesterday, my hubby came to my rescue and spent the day with me like we used to before kids, but we can't call off work every day just because I'm feeling overwhelmed. I need a new outlet.

JnCsmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?  I have two girls that are 10 and 8

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up and still live in South Carolina

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? I am divorced from girls' father but have been with my SO for awhile now...

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?  I love to read but wish I loved to exercise...

5. What's on your mind today?  Just moved to a new city in SC about an hour from my hometown...don't have any connections in this town yet and am starting a new venture this year with my kids...virtual school at home.  Looking for a sounding board and advice from other moms on random topics. :)

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Where in SC did you move to?  Here is another group you may also enjoy :)

Quoting JnCsmom:

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?  I have two girls that are 10 and 8

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up and still live in South Carolina

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? I am divorced from girls' father but have been with my SO for awhile now...

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?  I love to read but wish I loved to exercise...

5. What's on your mind today?  Just moved to a new city in SC about an hour from my hometown...don't have any connections in this town yet and am starting a new venture this year with my kids...virtual school at home.  Looking for a sounding board and advice from other moms on random topics. :)

pamelamlawson
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Good morning Y'all! I'm originally from a very small town that even a lot of people from my home state of Mississippi haven't even heard of.... I currently live in Panama City, Florida with my DH of 10 yrs... Between the two of us there are 4 kids, 3 boys and 1 girl..... In my spare time, I enjoy sewing, crocheting, scrapbooking, reading paranormal romance and murder mysteries, among other things...
What's on your mind today? I'm looking for any other moms of ADHD kids for advice on meds, activities, and to talk about those "rough" days...
hugss

by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How old are all the kids?  Here is another group you may be interested in :)

Quoting pamelamlawson:

Good morning Y'all! I'm originally from a very small town that even a lot of people from my home state of Mississippi haven't even heard of.... I currently live in Panama City, Florida with my DH of 10 yrs... Between the two of us there are 4 kids, 3 boys and 1 girl..... In my spare time, I enjoy sewing, crocheting, scrapbooking, reading paranormal romance and murder mysteries, among other things...
What's on your mind today? I'm looking for any other moms of ADHD kids for advice on meds, activities, and to talk about those "rough" days...

Cafe Steph
Today at 11:11 AM
What are you doing this weekend? - CafeMom

I'm going to spend some time with my family this weekend, starting with Grandmother's funeral, then celebrating my

by Head Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Hello and welcome to the group! This is a great place to chat and connect. :)

My two girls are 12 and 13, 11mos apart, but also drastically different people. :)

Quoting lchung1983:

Cafe Steph

I'm going to spend some time with my family this weekend, starting with Grandmother's funeral, then celebrating my

by Head Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Welcome to the group! I have two girls also and like you I love to read but wish I loved to exercise, lol. ;)

Quoting JnCsmom:

Cafe Steph

by Head Admin on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Good morning! I think you'll also like these groups, too:

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Join us in the Florida Moms group!

Quoting pamelamlawson:

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Hi and welcome!  I went to Panama City for Spring Break one year.  It was great!

Quoting pamelamlawson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)