Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (August 15th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Hi, Nic! Welcome to CafeMom!

Quoting Nicola83:

Hi my name is Nic , I live in England and have a 2 year old!! Be nice to read some different news and drama other than Facebook lol

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Hello, Charlotte! Welcome to CafeMom!

Quoting 2B3AUT13S:

Hello cafe moms,

This is my first time joining a moms group. My name is Charlotte I am a young mom. I have two beautiful lil girls Destiny (girl, one and a half) Olivia (girl, 3 and a half) They are my world. I grew up and currently still live in Vancouver, WA. Olivia is my boyfriends from a previouse relationship but her egg doner isn't involved in her life. I have been there for her since day one, She is my daughter and I'm her mom. My spouse Robert and i have been together for 3 years now and i couldn't imagine a day without him. I'm hoping to meet others moms to share knowledge about the amazing life of being a mother. (:

Charlotte (:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Welcome to CafeMom!

Quoting dotmom12:

Hi,

I'm a new mom to boy/girl twins who just turned 10 months today!

I grew up in Miami,FL and now live in Boston,MA.

I met my husband while in college at a campus party in FL  and have been married for 4yr and together for 12yr.

These days time to myself is basically a thought running through my mind lol. Listening to music, reading, watching movies, and the occasional phone call to catch up with friends and  family are things I like to do with my free time.

Generally speaking, I would like to meet other moms and get overall support and/or advice :0)

andiecava
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM

My name is Andie, and I'm 42, single, and living with my newborn's father since I was pregnant, which is unpleasant.

1  My newborn boy is lessthan 2 months old.

2.  Mostly San Francisco Bay Area, and I live in Reston VA since the pregnancy.

3.  Match.com in VA

4.  read, go to the movies, and talk with friends, but I don't know anyone in VA yet.  I hope to change that.

5  Not being so lonely.  I am online to meet other moms (online and offline) and to make friends and start a support structure for myself, since I dont' know anyone and my baby's father doesn't actually want to be with me, so we are more roommates than anything else, sadly.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Hi, Andie. Welcome to CafeMom. I am sorry your living situation is so sad.

Quoting andiecava:

My name is Andie, and I'm 42, single, and living with my newborn's father since I was pregnant, which is unpleasant.

1  My newborn boy is lessthan 2 months old.

2.  Mostly San Francisco Bay Area, and I live in Reston VA since the pregnancy.

3.  Match.com in VA

4.  read, go to the movies, and talk with friends, but I don't know anyone in VA yet.  I hope to change that.

5  Not being so lonely.  I am online to meet other moms (online and offline) and to make friends and start a support structure for myself, since I dont' know anyone and my baby's father doesn't actually want to be with me, so we are more roommates than anything else, sadly.

cocon2men
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Hi ladies....I am pregnant with our first child, a BOY. Hes due to be here the beginning of November. Im so anxious.
I was born and raised in phoenix, AZ west suburbs and now live in Surprise, AZ.
My husband and I met through mutual friends. When I have time to myself I like to just do nothing and sleep!!! Sometimes....I love some retail therapy.
today I am looking to chat with some experienced mommy's about the anxiety of becoming a mom and all the decisions I cant make like which carseat do I get? I love the maxi cosi but havent heard much. What stroller? Is there a jogger that works with maxi cosi? I like the BOB and Schwinn models.
At a hospital tour I got great advice tid bits from a mother there on her 4th boy. I never got her info so I was hoping to find some more great advice here. Im excited to get to know more mommys :)
border7305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Welcome to CM, I'm Kim nice to meet you.. I have a son only 26, I am a empty nester.. LOL. Have fun, Kim :)
border7305
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Hi Sweetie welcome to CM, I'm Kim nice to meet you.. There are a lot of moms here and there are some nice mom groups too.. I am a empty nester.. LOL. Have fun Kim :)
tiffanybh99
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM

* I am desperatly wanting to move back to Rochester as soon as possible please read my resonse I just want the citizens of this city to know how much of a great impact they made on this southern girl born and raised in Chattanooga Tn*

Hello Rochester NY citizens, just let me start off by saying I have never been and meet some of the most greatest people in my life as I did the 8 months i stayed their while my ex did construction work with some river guide friends he had made during the summer at the Ocoee River Rafting Companies they had worked and met at. Right before I went there I had just went through probably the most horrific points in my life and I lost a person that was absolutly everything to me, she was technically my aunt, but we were best friends from every since my memories began. I would have done anything for her and her me. We understood each other where no one else in our family or even around us did. She was probably the best person God ever created and I truly feel blessed that I was able to be so close to  her and was able to enjoy who she was until she was taken way too soon. I may ramble here a bit but I cant just say that about her she deserves her true justice. My aunt never had the first thing in life easy, but you would have never ever heard her complain, as long as she could keep a roof over her and her childrens head, the resources they needed to survive, and was able to help those she cared for she was a happy woman, even though i had seen her in her hardest times and it never seemed anyone even attempted to try and help her but she still never complained. I do remember one incedent that I am very proud of, she was married to probabley the sorriest man god ever created ( he had to have been Gods one big mistake) he never worked, refused to help with anything that needed to be done in the home, all he was good at was drinking as much beer as possible and proceeding to beat on her two children which were his and when she would immediatly try and jump in, well lets just say there were more times I could count were he beat her to the point her mouth would not open and you could not even be sure she was a woman, his final mistake was trying this in front of me when I was almost 14, the minute he raised his hand at her I grabbed it and went on to tell him if he did not grab what he could carry and get out that from door within the next 3 min I would make sure he never saw freedom again, he was also terrified of my father so he did just that and that was the end of his beatings as well. My aunt was the most giving person, never did I ever see her do the first thing for herself, her ex never helped with the two children, she would work mill jobs driving hysters and killing herself on 10-12  hour shifts then she would get off third and work in a local deli from then till 2-3 in the afternoon. She knew if shed didn't get what they needed no one would, then on top of that she would go to my grandmothers at least every other day and make sure she had everything she needed. I really don't remember her doing much of anything for herself, now her kids, their friends, and especially my granny she wiould have jumped through the fires of hell for. My grandfather passed suddenly and I dont know what he had told my aunt this for but maybe he knew he was about to go but he asked her if she would just keep regular checks on my granny, my aunt took this as her job to make sure she checked on her several times daily as well as making sure she had anything she needed. I never seen her really do anything for herself and even worse I watched a lot of my other family memebers treat her horrible because yeah she didn't have the grandest jobs and a lot of the times she would even waitress in any bar that would let her at night so she could have this money to help, but my lovely family only seemed to take great pleasure in trying to make her look like nothing but garbage on the bottom of somones shoes. She never recieved the credit she so justly deserved for the hard work she put in to just try and take care of whoever she thoght needed it, and I certainly never heard the first Thank you. Maybe that why I haven never been able to forgive those who treated her as so when in all truth they should have been kissing her feet, because she worked jobs day in and day out and the nights in between to make sure these things were taken care of when my mother who was her sister never so much as even c

Meredith.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

i have a little 11 month little boy- paxton  =)   nice to meet you.

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,
How manhy kids do you have?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Meredith.:

Hi! Just joined today and looking forward to meeting some moms around  here  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN