Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (August 18th)

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 70 Replies
3 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KymJamesWales
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Hi I'm Kym, I'm 26.. Joined this morning.. Looking to find new friends :) haven't really figured out how to work this yet lol I think iv posted on the right post :/ anyway nice to meet you all :D
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Hi, Kym! Welcome to CafeMom! You are doing well. LOL!

Quoting KymJamesWales:

Hi I'm Kym, I'm 26.. Joined this morning.. Looking to find new friends :) haven't really figured out how to work this yet lol I think iv posted on the right post :/ anyway nice to meet you all :D

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Kym,
If you need any help getting around here let us know.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting KymJamesWales:

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM

You have posted in the right place!  Welcome to the site!

Quoting KymJamesWales:

KymJamesWales
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you both :D
Tashah615
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Hi Im Tasha. I have an 8 yr old son who is my world. We live in Nashville Tn. And my son is alot like me we love all kinds of music, movies and we love the outdoors. I actually just rejoined this morning and looking forward to making some new friends.
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Welcome back to CafeMom Tasha,
That's great the two of you are so alike.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Tashah615:

Hi Im Tasha. I have an 8 yr old son who is my world. We live in Nashville Tn. And my son is alot like me we love all kinds of music, movies and we love the outdoors. I actually just rejoined this morning and looking forward to making some new friends.

iHeartYou88
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I have one beautiful girl who is 5 years old.  Then I have two soon to be step children; a boy who is 11 and a girl who is 9.

I grew up in thebeautiful  foothills of North Carolina.  I've lived here my whole life (25 years).

We originally started talking through Facebook.  Then we met and found that we only lived about 5 miles from each other; it was very convenient. :D

If only I had time by myself :)  My days are filled with working a corporate job and coming home to a house full of kids.  On the weekends my time is spent with the children and fiance.

There is definate tension between myself and my new step daughter.  I'm looking for some great advice from moms and step moms on how I can make this transition as simple as I can for her, myself, the other kids and my fiance.

hugss

by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
Will both step children be living with you full time?
Sounds like you'll all need to sit down, talk & tell what the rules will be.
Good luck & nice to meet you :)

Quoting iHeartYou88:

I have one beautiful girl who is 5 years old.  Then I have two soon to be step children; a boy who is 11 and a girl who is 9.

I grew up in thebeautiful  foothills of North Carolina.  I've lived here my whole life (25 years).

We originally started talking through Facebook.  Then we met and found that we only lived about 5 miles from each other; it was very convenient. :D

If only I had time by myself :)  My days are filled with working a corporate job and coming home to a house full of kids.  On the weekends my time is spent with the children and fiance.

There is definate tension between myself and my new step daughter.  I'm looking for some great advice from moms and step moms on how I can make this transition as simple as I can for her, myself, the other kids and my fiance.

iHeartYou88
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Thank you so much!

Both stepchildren will live with me full time.  My daughter and I are currently in the processing of moving our stuff in with my fiance and his kids.  We stay with them most nights and I watch his kids, including my daughter, on the weekends while he is working.

My daughter and his daughter is only 3 years apart so they are both very jealous of one another.  My step daughter is beginning to act out to gain my attention.  So, it is becoming challenging to say the least, but I'm sure there will be many more obstacles to tackle! :)

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,
Will both step children be living with you full time?
Sounds like you'll all need to sit down, talk & tell what the rules will be.
Good luck & nice to meet you :)

Quoting iHeartYou88:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)