Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (August 18th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Anytime.  Seriously.  Most of us are here in the middle of the night.

Quoting KymJamesWales:

Thank you both :D

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Welcome to the group!!  Do you go camping often?

Quoting Tashah615:

Hi Im Tasha. I have an 8 yr old son who is my world. We live in Nashville Tn. And my son is alot like me we love all kinds of music, movies and we love the outdoors. I actually just rejoined this morning and looking forward to making some new friends.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice to have you here!!

Quoting iHeartYou88:

I have one beautiful girl who is 5 years old.  Then I have two soon to be step children; a boy who is 11 and a girl who is 9.

I grew up in thebeautiful  foothills of North Carolina.  I've lived here my whole life (25 years).

We originally started talking through Facebook.  Then we met and found that we only lived about 5 miles from each other; it was very convenient. :D

If only I had time by myself :)  My days are filled with working a corporate job and coming home to a house full of kids.  On the weekends my time is spent with the children and fiance.

There is definate tension between myself and my new step daughter.  I'm looking for some great advice from moms and step moms on how I can make this transition as simple as I can for her, myself, the other kids and my fiance.

MizzB-Havin
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone !

Family and friends call me B...but most of the time I respond to Mom...LOL.

I am 44 years old.

I have 5 sons, 4 of which are grown and onto their own lives (work, college or both) and an 8 year old at home. (The birth of the 8 year old is a total other thread...HAHA)

I am married for the 2nd time to the most amazing man ever !!...We have been together for 4 years, married for 3.

I live in Texas. Originally from Indiana.

I have been there, done that, got the T-shirt, so not much surprises me...

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Going to be a bumpy ride for sure for a while,
Hopefully once the ground rules are set & they see you both as following through when needed ..
they get the picture .
Hugs to you :)

Quoting iHeartYou88:

Thank you so much!

Both stepchildren will live with me full time.  My daughter and I are currently in the processing of moving our stuff in with my fiance and his kids.  We stay with them most nights and I watch his kids, including my daughter, on the weekends while he is working.

My daughter and his daughter is only 3 years apart so they are both very jealous of one another.  My step daughter is beginning to act out to gain my attention.  So, it is becoming challenging to say the least, but I'm sure there will be many more obstacles to tackle! :)

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,
Will both step children be living with you full time?
Sounds like you'll all need to sit down, talk & tell what the rules will be.
Good luck & nice to meet you :)

Quoting iHeartYou88:

I have one beautiful girl who is 5 years old.  Then I have two soon to be step children; a boy who is 11 and a girl who is 9.

I grew up in thebeautiful  foothills of North Carolina.  I've lived here my whole life (25 years).

We originally started talking through Facebook.  Then we met and found that we only lived about 5 miles from each other; it was very convenient. :D

If only I had time by myself :)  My days are filled with working a corporate job and coming home to a house full of kids.  On the weekends my time is spent with the children and fiance.

There is definate tension between myself and my new step daughter.  I'm looking for some great advice from moms and step moms on how I can make this transition as simple as I can for her, myself, the other kids and my fiance.

kandikizziz
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Krystal. I joined this morning. I joined because I had goggle searched something on bc and I was reading what everyone was saying. And it look instresting , So decided to join, and I could get some answers because the doctor aren't very much help.
I was born in Texas, but my moms ex-husband moved us up to Washington state because he had lost his job and he moved to find better work. I'm now living in Baltimore, Maryland. How did get clear across the United States. Well I moved over with my ex-husband in 2003, because of the lost of our jobs. And he had family over that had told him that there was more work over here. But they felled to tell that the rent was way more then what we were paying over in Washington stated.
I have four children. Three girls and one son. They are Saraiah Bree-Ann, Acaija Beathee, Emely Gabriela and Exequiel Eli.
And yes I said ex-husband, he walked out on me in 2009 5 months after my son was born. But at that time I had nothing because from 2003 till 2010 i was a stay at home mom.
In march 2010 my mom moved over here from Washington state. She said that she just had a feeling that ex was going to leave and that I need help. She was right. So she got a place and my 4 kids and I start staying with her. From July 2010 till January 2012 , when I was able to get our on house. Thing start looking up for us. Got remarried in May 2012. Then with just a blink Iftar fell all apart. Last October 2012 when we had Hurricane Sandy . We ended up losing our house there was to much water damage. So went and stayed with a friend for four months but it was to hard because my oldest and youngest didn't like her. So they stayed with my mom and my husband was working out of town. In that time frame I had lost my home, my job, I was pregnant and my husband was away and two of my kids wasn't staying with me. But now we are back staying with my mom except hubby.
But in June I went to the doctor see how my baby was and they said that the baby had stop growing at 14 weeks. They said something like I had a tumor on my uterus and there wasn't room for it and baby. So my heart was broken.
And what I like to do in my spear time is read, listen to music, play on my iPhone, and cross-stitch.
What's on my mind today is that when I went to my doctor she gave the fake period pill to make me start a period and bc pills to start taking after my period started. But I have been bleeding for 29 days straight and I wanted know is that normal . But last week big huge piece of blood colts of gooey and tuff feeling and it was like reddish purplish color was coming out and had really bad cramps and my lower back was killing me. I was also really tried. Just wanted to know what you all might think this was. But usually after I'm on my period and I start taking the white bc pills I usually bleed for 3 or 4 day not this long. Because I have been bleeding this long I feel like its the way you bleed after having a baby. If any one can answer this for me please help me. I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday morning.
Thanks.
cateyes990
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Becky and I have 3 children. My two boys are 20 and 17. My daughter is 13. I grew up in Texas, but now live in Chesapeake, VA. I have been in VA for almost two years now and still adjusting. I am married and met my husband in Texas at a friends barbeque. I joined this site so that I could learn new things and talk about whatever I want without being judged. I look forward to talking to you guyes.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Hi, B! Welcome to CafeMom!

Quoting MizzB-Havin:

Hi everyone !

Family and friends call me B...but most of the time I respond to Mom...LOL.

I am 44 years old.

I have 5 sons, 4 of which are grown and onto their own lives (work, college or both) and an 8 year old at home. (The birth of the 8 year old is a total other thread...HAHA)

I am married for the 2nd time to the most amazing man ever !!...We have been together for 4 years, married for 3.

I live in Texas. Originally from Indiana.

I have been there, done that, got the T-shirt, so not much surprises me...

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Hi, Krystal! Welcome to CafeMom! Oh gosh, you have had a rough time. I am sorry about the baby, how heartbreaking. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question and am glad that you are going to the doctor about it. The best way to get the most answers to questions is to put them in a post of their own so more people can see them. Good luck!

Quoting kandikizziz:

Hi my name is Krystal. I joined this morning. I joined because I had goggle searched something on bc and I was reading what everyone was saying. And it look instresting , So decided to join, and I could get some answers because the doctor aren't very much help.
I was born in Texas, but my moms ex-husband moved us up to Washington state because he had lost his job and he moved to find better work. I'm now living in Baltimore, Maryland. How did get clear across the United States. Well I moved over with my ex-husband in 2003, because of the lost of our jobs. And he had family over that had told him that there was more work over here. But they felled to tell that the rent was way more then what we were paying over in Washington stated.
I have four children. Three girls and one son. They are Saraiah Bree-Ann, Acaija Beathee, Emely Gabriela and Exequiel Eli.
And yes I said ex-husband, he walked out on me in 2009 5 months after my son was born. But at that time I had nothing because from 2003 till 2010 i was a stay at home mom.
In march 2010 my mom moved over here from Washington state. She said that she just had a feeling that ex was going to leave and that I need help. She was right. So she got a place and my 4 kids and I start staying with her. From July 2010 till January 2012 , when I was able to get our on house. Thing start looking up for us. Got remarried in May 2012. Then with just a blink Iftar fell all apart. Last October 2012 when we had Hurricane Sandy . We ended up losing our house there was to much water damage. So went and stayed with a friend for four months but it was to hard because my oldest and youngest didn't like her. So they stayed with my mom and my husband was working out of town. In that time frame I had lost my home, my job, I was pregnant and my husband was away and two of my kids wasn't staying with me. But now we are back staying with my mom except hubby.
But in June I went to the doctor see how my baby was and they said that the baby had stop growing at 14 weeks. They said something like I had a tumor on my uterus and there wasn't room for it and baby. So my heart was broken.
And what I like to do in my spear time is read, listen to music, play on my iPhone, and cross-stitch.
What's on my mind today is that when I went to my doctor she gave the fake period pill to make me start a period and bc pills to start taking after my period started. But I have been bleeding for 29 days straight and I wanted know is that normal . But last week big huge piece of blood colts of gooey and tuff feeling and it was like reddish purplish color was coming out and had really bad cramps and my lower back was killing me. I was also really tried. Just wanted to know what you all might think this was. But usually after I'm on my period and I start taking the white bc pills I usually bleed for 3 or 4 day not this long. Because I have been bleeding this long I feel like its the way you bleed after having a baby. If any one can answer this for me please help me. I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday morning.
Thanks.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Hello, Becky! Welcome to CafeMom!

Quoting cateyes990:

Hello everyone, my name is Becky and I have 3 children. My two boys are 20 and 17. My daughter is 13. I grew up in Texas, but now live in Chesapeake, VA. I have been in VA for almost two years now and still adjusting. I am married and met my husband in Texas at a friends barbeque. I joined this site so that I could learn new things and talk about whatever I want without being judged. I look forward to talking to you guyes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)