Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (August 18th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-70):
cerri3
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:23 PM
hey, i'm becky. i'm a mom to two boys ages 2 1/2 years and 4 months. a friend suggested this group so i figured i'd swing by and see what it's all about. i grew up in baltimore, md.went to college at frostburg state where i met my ex and future husbands. lol. we were all friends, including my husband's ex wife. my husband and i had crushes on each other, but never knew because we were both seeing other people and were too nice to say something. after college we went our separate ways, married other people, and when those marriages disolved, we found each other on facebook. we've been together living in pa since. when i have "spare time" which is never anymore, i enjoy knitting, drawing, and reading. i just feel like there's always something else i should be doing instead, like cleaning the house.
not too much on my mind today, just remembered the mention of this group and decided to join and say hi.
dcmom24
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Hi, My name is Aleace. I have 3 children 2 boys and a girl. They are Ashley 25, Chrysotpher 21 & Denzel 20. I grew up in Washington, D.C. I now live in Maryland. I met my husband (Terrence) at a social gathering given by a mutual friend. When I have time to myself (never) I relax, read and play word games. Today I am working on my daycare business.

Jenny0284
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Hi, I'm Jenny. I'm 29 and from western Washington. I'm still trying to figure out posting, discussion boards, etc. I'm hoping to get some advice on my marriage and hear about the experiences of other posters. :)
Tinababy84
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone I'm Tina, I am 28 and have one son who is 4.

We are from England and recently moved to Houston TX in March this year, my son and I love the outdoors so living in Texas is perfect for us :) 

I met my Husband 11 years ago on a girls night out and we have now been married for 5 years.

I am very lucky to be a stay at home mum but I've joined today looking to meet new friends :)

sweetbaymommy29
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Hi,

I'm Alexis and I am 29! I joined today I am from Michigan and now living in sunny Florida in the Tampa area. My 2 year old son and I are looking for other stay at home mommys and toddlers to socialize with because we are very energetic and love to have cook outs and play time outside but we are lacking company....

3LittleNutBells
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Hey all! My name is Faleesha. I'm 26 years old and a SAHM.
1) I have 2.5 kids. A Boy who is 6 and in 1st grade. A girl who is 4 and does pre-k at home with me. And one on the way. I am 20 weeks and 4 days today! We find out in 2 weeks what we are having!
2) I grew up in a small town in Illinois called Mount Sterling. I currently live in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Long story on how I got from there to here!
3) I met my DH of 6.5 years in college.
4) When I have time to myself I like to go window shopping or real shopping with my sis-in-law, or read. But my ultimate favorite is to sleep!
5) On my mind today is our upcoming gender reveal party.
Hope to get to know you all!
Blessings,
Faleesha
3LittleNutBells
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:17 PM
4 boys! GAH! How do you do it?!

Quoting LittleMissMee:

boys are 16, 12, 11 and 2

I'm in the UK 

Met my partner 8yrs ago online, by accident. Told him I hated him. Lol. 

time to myself? What's that? 

pain. And loads of it, but that too shall pass. Tomorrow will be happier, and we shall go to Diggerland. 

Lissa-76
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Hello everyone! How is everyone doing today :)
Heres a lil about me...

How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? 17 yr old girl, 16 yr old boy, 14 yr old boy, 12 yr old girl
TTC our 5th child :)

Where did you grow up and where do you live now? Born in Hell, Michigan- living near Ann Arbor mi, soon to be moving up north

Where did you meet your husband / significant other? At work :)

What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? Whats that? Their really is such a thing? Hmmm... Ill have to look into that one & get back to ya

What's on your mind today? whether Im pregnant or not... 2ww!
abismom04
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Hey ladies,

Here's the 411 on me:

Abigail - 9yo girl
Deklan - 7yo boy
Elliana - 3.5yo girl

I grew up in SE Texas and I live about an hour from my hometown -- still in SE Texas -- on the beach.

I went to college in Fort Worth area and met my DH when I rented him and his buddy an apartment in the complex where I was the marketing manager. We've been married 11 years this October.

SLEEP!!! I watercolor paint, write and am currently about to start my own company in which I will market (along with my kid's developemental pediatrician) my mood tracking chart and accompanying user manual for tracking symptoms and cycles of bipolar, schizophrenia, anxiety/OCD or ADHD. (My DH and oldest two have rapid cycling Bipolar I.)

It rained today -- finally!!! Whew. And I am glad to finally have started my period after a cycle that was WAY Too long. I am 2.5 months out from an IUD I had for 3 years so looking for some regularity. (EDITED TO ADD: I joined cafe mom for the TTC boards, we're TTC #4 and final, so that is why I seemingly randomly mentioned my period!! haha)  And two big kids go to the dentist in 45 minutes.. so now I'm thinking I better get in the shower while the little assassin (our 3yo) is still asleep and I can shower in peace!!!!

Later ladies. I'll be back to comment and read everyone else's intros this evening!!!

Momof4199
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? S10, ss11, sd12, D16, S21, sd21, sd23, S23 Do you have boys or girls ?  4boys , and 4girls

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? Michigan 

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? STBX and SO were friends..  them at same time and place.. 

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? walks on beach, play online, 

5. What's on your mind today? dealing with lots of shit right now.. got alot on my mind! not sure where to go and what ot do..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN