Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (August 20th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
soberorose81
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, Amanda!  Glad you joined.  Sometimes, I laugh at myself for 'starting the kid game' so late lol.  I bet you've got it down, although you're hands are probably Always full.  Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure out the first year :)

http://lifebreathpresent.com

Where all things life happen and I always try to live a life full of breath and be present in all the moments offered to us!
ashleyphilip
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

angel mini

Sarasotamom0517
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Hello !  My name is Wendy and I am so glad I found this site.  I am newly single. My boyfriend of 13 years told me last week (OVER TEXT)  that it is over and he doesn't want to be with me anymore.  He went to stay with his parents.  We have a daughter who is going to be 13 in December.  We were devasted.  I am trying to be strong for myself as well as her sake but it is hard.  I know we haven't been the happiest but I didn't think he would leave us.  I do have the feeling there is someone else.

I am stuck at the moment - not sure what to do next. 

Thanks for listening - I am really hoping talk about it helps and that I won't be so depressed as time goes by.

dixiecharmer
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM

My boys are grown but my step great granddaughter is 13

Sarasotamom0517
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Hello !  My name is Wendy and I am so glad I found this site.  I am newly single. My boyfriend of 13+ years told me last week (OVER TEXT)  that it is over and he doesn't want to be with me anymore.  He went to stay with his parents.  We have a daughter who is going to be 13 in December.  We were devasted.  I am trying to be strong for myself as well as her sake but it is hard.  I know we haven't been the happiest but I didn't think he would leave us.  I do have the feeling there is someone else.

I am stuck at the moment - not sure what to do next. 

Thanks for listening - I am really hoping talk about it helps and that I won't be so depressed as time goes by

ANGS71
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Hi I'm Angie

16 year old son

grew up in charleston wv moving to new concord ohio as of  today would love to make friends in New Concord or Cambridge surrounding area

If you have any sons or daughters in this he's looking for friends live on a farm no one else around

VAMountainMama
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Hi everyone I am Abi and I live in a speck of a town in rural SW Virginia. I have one daughter who at two and a half, is sure she rules the world. I also have a 'won't ever be an adult' teenage stepson who lives in another State, and frankly, on another planet. I moved to the States five years ago to be with my American husband, leaving my native England behind. Miss friends and family but never, ever regret that decision. Though it would be nice to make friends with humans again. Ones that don't rip off full diapers and toss them aside then run bare bummed through the house yelling "Look at me!" But then again, if that's your thing, so long as I don't have to re-diaper you too, that's fine. I'm pretty open minded :) Just looking forward to getting to know people and share this crazy journey some people call 'parenting' but I call 'flying by the seat of my pants.' Some days I wonder how she made it to be two :)
cookiegirl929
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? Tony 16 & Leanna 9

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?  Pgh

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?  School - our home town

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?  workout - have a glass of wine

5. What's on your mind today?  My son who has autism

six_seasons
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM

1. I have  a 3 year old daughter who will be 4 in November.

2. I grew up in PA and now live in SC

3. I met my husband at work.

4.I do anything I can when I have time to myself, maybe watch TV or a movie, maybe video games or crocheting.

5.How to handle when another kid hurts your kids' feelings is on my mind today. My daughter had her feelings hurt and I was unsure how to handle the situation.

mama2be2014
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM

My name is Brittany and I am 24 years old. I have son who is 2 years old. I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. I am in the San Antonio, Texas area. I work part-time as a cashier at a local gas station but I am  currently attending college online. I met my significant other Bill online through craigslist.org but so far things have worked out greatly. He's quite a bit older than me but it works out great. He's 52 and he is a business owner. When I am not working, going to college or cleaning house.....I like to spend time with family and friends. I am the youngest mama on my street. I really don't socialize with the other mom's too much. For right now, I've been sleeping a lot with me being in the early part of my pregnancy. I am just here  bored at home waiting for the hubby to get home as usual. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)