Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (August 20th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (71-79):
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM

How exciting!  Do you have a name picked out yet?

Quoting Makingeeee:

hi Robin

I have 1 daugther who is 24months and 2months and i am currently 28 weeks pregnant with my second which is a boy) Wwe live in SA - jhb gauteng and grew up here as well, I am not married as yet living with my BF and we met a party . In my free time do my hair and relax with a good book or watch a great movies

Curently on my mind is the arrival of my Boy  - cant wait for him to enter this world

Magicmommoment
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I have 2 kids 1 toddler boy, 1 baby girl I grew up in PA, where I live now. 

Jantera
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Mobile Photo

1.lucky.momma
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My girls are 4years, 2years and 6month(on the 25)

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Megan,
How old are your girls?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting 1.lucky.momma:

Hi I'm Megan. I have 3 little girls. I grew up all over in different states, but I happily live in Medford Oregon. I met my s.o. at a. party. When I have time to myself I try to relax and watch a movie.what's on my mind is will my youngest finally cutting a tooth so she won't be so upset.

fionnula
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Hi, my name is Mary, I am married to Marty for 11 years. We have a son Jack who is 10 and starts 5th grade tomorrow and a son Brendan who is 16 months. We adopted him when he was an infant and have a wonderful,open adoption with his Birthmom and her family. We are fortunate because they live close by!
lilirs
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Thank you, I moved here to NY in March, I haven't made any plans to visit Utah yet because my family in Utah is going to come and visit me first.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Welcome to the group as an active member!  Do you travel to Utah often?

Quoting lilirs:

Hi!

I am not really new to this group or cafe mom but this whole time I have not been very active at all, and I would like to change that.

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have a 5yr old girl, 4yr old boy, and 13month girl.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in Utah and moved to NY a few months ago.

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? When I was 18 I decided to take a vacation to NY and I stayed about 5 yrs longer that I had planned, haha. I met my husband we got married had a baby and I moved back to Utah to be closer to my family, stayed there for 5yrs but we missed NY so we came back.

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? I like to work on my craft projects, and read.

5. What's on your mind today? Just relaxing and enjoying the peacefull morning before my kids wake up lol.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Sounds like a nice arrangement.

Quoting lilirs:

Thank you, I moved here to NY in March, I haven't made any plans to visit Utah yet because my family in Utah is going to come and visit me first.

Quoting ScrChk23:

Welcome to the group as an active member!  Do you travel to Utah often?

Quoting lilirs:

Hi!

I am not really new to this group or cafe mom but this whole time I have not been very active at all, and I would like to change that.

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have a 5yr old girl, 4yr old boy, and 13month girl.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in Utah and moved to NY a few months ago.

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? When I was 18 I decided to take a vacation to NY and I stayed about 5 yrs longer that I had planned, haha. I met my husband we got married had a baby and I moved back to Utah to be closer to my family, stayed there for 5yrs but we missed NY so we came back.

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? I like to work on my craft projects, and read.

5. What's on your mind today? Just relaxing and enjoying the peacefull morning before my kids wake up lol.

precious100
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I have 11 months child and he is a boy. I grew up in Africa,specifically Ghana. I and my husband attend the same church so that is where we met. I like singing so when i have time for my self i learn new songs. Nothing much,just relaxing.
combs0717
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Thank you for such a warm welcome to Cafe Mom! Until now, I've not had the time to really check out this site. Now that my daughter is in 1st grade, I seem to have more time on my hands. My daughter just turned 6 and is now in the 1st grade. She is the light of our life and has been such an easy child, thus far. I have two stepsons, one is 23 and the other is 13. My oldest stepson has a 1 1/2 year old daughter and a very sweet wife. I grew up in southern Missouri and still live there today. My husband and I live on a 300 acre farm, I'm a stay at home mom and my husband works for the county Road & Bridge Dept. Before meeting and marrying my current husband I was a widow for about 7 years. My first husband was killed in a car accident when I was 22, we had only been married 2 years and 3 months. After his death I dated off and on and threw myself into work. I worked 2-full time jobs and 1-part time job. I met my husband through a friend of mine. I was working for the Branson Police Dept. and she worked for the Taney County Sheriff's Department. Her husband worked with a guy who was newly divorced with two boys. After turning down the set-up in June of 2002, I finally gave in November of 2002, he did the same thing. I guess at that point God had his hand in it all, I don't think either of us were ready in June. From the first time we met, we knew it was definitely love at first sight. From that day on we talked on the phone every day and then in February 2003 he proposed and the rest is history. We were then married August 2003, we just celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Together we have one daughter and she was a miracle. I love crafting, reading, shopping and writing, in my spare time. I love my little family and enjoy every precious moment I have with them. Being a widow so young taught me to not take anything for granted in life. I'm so glad I stumbled across this site again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN