Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (August 22nd)

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 92 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fionat
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:20 AM
2 moms liked this

hi ladies my name is fiona i have 4 boys,30yrs 27yrs 22yrs 17yrs,i grew up in scotland still live here in the borders,i met my hubby in a pub but my friend then knew him for yrs,i chill on here when i get time which is alot how are you

piercedmom1
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM
5 moms liked this

Hello my name is alexandra and i have 2 children one is 5 years old and thats my daughter and my son is 2 years old. My daughter i love her very much but i had her when i was 18 years old and my mom has custody of her i was young and still wanted to party. so please dont judge me on that. My children are my world and i love them to death. I just wanted to come on this site to make some new friends. Cause after i had children my friends left me.

mom2eight31
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Hello all, I'm new here just signed up today per my sisters referral. I'm married & my husband & I are a family of 8 kids. yup u heard me right we have 8,four boys and four girls. ages are 14,14,12,11,8,5,2,4mos..
mom2eight31
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this
hello pierced mom welcome I'm new here as well & it doesn't matter that u had ur 1st child when u were young so did a lot if us women the point is u addressed your mindframe from party life to being and striving for the best mom u can be. we all have faults but its the desire and gods will in ur heart that keeps u pushing on for better things. keep your head up & keep being the loving mom u are. u said ur friends left once u had a baby well guess what they wasn't true friends to begin with because a dedicated friend don't leave your side. I pray that one day u will have custody of both he kids not just one. ur mom will see the change in u and just maybe she'll sign custody back over to u. well enjoy ur day.

Quoting piercedmom1:

Hello my name is alexandra and i have 2 children one is 5 years old and thats my daughter and my son is 2 years old. My daughter i love her very much but i had her when i was 18 years old and my mom has custody of her i was young and still wanted to party. so please dont judge me on that. My children are my world and i love them to death. I just wanted to come on this site to make some new friends. Cause after i had children my friends left me.

mom2eight31
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
hello fionat, I'm new here just signed up today I'm a mom of 8 kids four boys & four girls my husband and I love big families well I come from one myself. enjoy and feel free to chat from time to time.

Quoting fionat:

hi ladies my name is fiona i have 4 boys,30yrs 27yrs 22yrs 17yrs,i grew up in scotland still live here in the borders,i met my hubby in a pub but my friend then knew him for yrs,i chill on here when i get time which is alot how are you

lovemykids87035
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Hey my husband and I have 8 children too. Ages 28(boy), 26 (girl), 25(girl), 24(boy), 23(boy), 20(boy), 17 (boy), and 8 (girl). The three oldest are married and the two oldest have children giving us 7 grand children ages 9(boy), 7(girl), 7(boy), 6(boy), 4 (girl), 3(girl), and 15 mo(girl)

Quoting mom2eight31:

Hello all, I'm new here just signed up today per my sisters referral. I'm married & my husband & I are a family of 8 kids. yup u heard me right we have 8,four boys and four girls. ages are 14,14,12,11,8,5,2,4mos..

mom2eight31
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM
wow that's lovely I love big families and I forgot to say what ages were what lol 14(boy), 14(boy),12(g),11(b),8(g),5(g),2(b),4mos(g). aww & u have grands also making the family even bigger I'm sure their super spoiled with treats lol. I'm actually wanting another one but I think hubby might be done lls we'll see.

Quoting lovemykids87035:

Hey my husband and I have 8 children too. Ages 28(boy), 26 (girl), 25(girl), 24(boy), 23(boy), 20(boy), 17 (boy), and 8 (girl). The three oldest are married and the two oldest have children giving us 7 grand children ages 9(boy), 7(girl), 7(boy), 6(boy), 4 (girl), 3(girl), and 15 mo(girl)

Quoting mom2eight31:

Mom2BoysAndDH
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi! I'm 47 with two boys - 12 and 18 - and DH of 24 years. We live in the western suburbs of Chicago and have our own business that I started when our youngest was 1.

I joined this group to help with the transition of our oldest going off to college.He's a great kid (aren't the all?!?), very goal-oriented and accomplished, and I'm confident he'll make good choices. He's in the perfect place and program for him and I sincerely wouldn't want him to be anywhere else. Just missing him like crazy!

Our youngest is wonderful too - very loving and caring, with a warm heart, lots of creativity and musical talent. He does have challenges with impulse control and struggles with ADD (well, we all have ADD -- it's a rather intense household as you can imagine).

We've always been a very tight family and this adjustment of our oldest going to college is hitting us hard. Personally I was caught completely by surprise how hard this would be. Never fully appreciated this great quote about parenting until now, "The hours are long and the time is short."

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Do all the boys stil live at home?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting fionat:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Alexandra,
Are you living with your Mom now?  Nice to meet you ;)

Quoting piercedmom1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN