Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (August 31st)

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 52 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krissam18
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi moms! My name is Kristin and I have been in a relationship with a widower for 6 years now and dealing with raising 3 kids after losing there mom has been so hard. I was reaching out to other moms for advice to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
texarkanamom3
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

hi my name is Tasha i have 3 kids 2 girls 1 boy live in Arkansas work part time home school my son girls are still in public school there choice been married 13 yrs meet him at a friends house like to read and surf the web when i have free time been looking at cafe mom for a couple months now love reading the posts.

shorty5864
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Hi my name is sue,

I have three teenagers and have three grandchildren whom i love 

with all my heart. 

I devote my free time to my grand kids and also sending emails to every 

politician i can about my problem with getting the child support that is 

owed to my kids over the years, of course i get no help what so ever just

the run around from all. Maybe someone can help me out please.

desperately seeking advise   :)

Fidelita
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Hi! I am not a mom but I am an aunt to like 20 kids. I am just here to earn points and see what all you mothers are up to. 

kgriffberg
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 4:19 AM
1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?
I have 2 girls, 13 & 15
2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
Plano, Texas.. Live in Joplin, Mo now
3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?
LoL we met 20+yrs ago in a bar
4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?
Ride my motorcycle, crafty things, yard work
5. What's on your mind today?
Nothing much just checking things out.
Harlemma90
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Hello my name is Nyshe 1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? *I have a 10 month old baby girl. 2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? *I grow up in New York, now live in Florida 3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? *Significant other when I move to Florida 12 years ago 4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? *Like to chill with family and friends 5. What's on your mind today? *Alot of things, making sure I'm settle for work tomorrow
Trinity_Neo
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Hi moms!  My name is Brandy and I am the mother to 9 beautiful children(yes all mine) and a wife to one remarkable man we have 7 boys 2 girls :

We have gone through loosing our oldest son in a car accidnet in 2007 2 days before his 15 birthday to having a premature baby weighing a whole 4 pounds 8 ounces to finding out this summer that our 12 year old son had a brain tumor on June 26th to having the sugery to have it removed on July 3. Luckly it was a non-cancerous tumor and he is expected to recover fully. I now find myself having to homschool our children because our 12 year old can't go back to school until it is safe for him after his surgery. So if anyone has any tips for me on how to homeschool 6 different levels of school at one time I sure would love the advice Thanks

Dani129
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Hi my name is Danielle. I'm 28 years old. I'm a stay at home mom of a 2 1/2 yr old boy, Mason. I am from Boston Mass and I currently like in Atlanta ga. I met Cody at his semi pro football game in Atlanta we have been together for over 5 years now. I have recently got into painting. It started small little wooden things, then started canvas paintings and now I'm making coffee tables outta old doors restraining and reupholstering tables and chairs & lots more. I've never been so passionate about anything in my life beside when I was a bricklayer in local 3. I also have never had a hobby in my life I'm really proud of the things I make. I've been in ATL for 6 years now, I have no one that understands or relates to me in anyway. All the people I currently know with children are either flakes and will make plans but never follow thru with them or they Bring their child over and the child is anti social wants his mommy and won't play with mason. Mason is a very active Strong and fun boy all he wants is to play. I'm trying to meet some moms that would maybe like to start a new friendship with me and between or children. I would do anything for a friend of mine all I want in return is a friend that would do the same with me. I've realized that the north & south are completely different I need honesty I need no Drama I just want to have more moms in my life that can relate to me and I can relate to them. I'm in desperate need I have NO family here this is the hardest thing I've ever gone thru in life (my family not being able to see mason grow) & with having no friends I have no support system here. Lets face it Cody is a guy, guys are clueless he definatly doesn't get it. Plus he grew up here so he has his childhood friends. I'm pretty lost and sad these days. But I'm not a Debbie downer by any mean. I would sure love to chat. Thank you. I hope your day is amaze! Xo
gloria1234
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM

thank you for welcoming me here. God bless

My name is Gloria i am 44 year old from Philippines. I am a single Mom with a son who is 13 year old now. I love taking care my son and hope i can still learn more on how to parenting. I know there's no such specific and prfect education on being a Parent but i wish your advices can lead me more to took care of my son. This is all for now and looking forward for your more fruitful advices. thank you!

Challo
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Am born, bred and married in Kenya. Anyone feeling me?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)