Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (September 1st)

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 51 Replies
3 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now...
Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NetRaine
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM
4 moms liked this

I am a stepmom to a nearly 15-year-old young man.  I grew up in Iowa, and now I live in Missouri.  My significant other and I met at home.  He was my neighbor.  He invited me over for a steak dinner, and I thought "Wow! This guy really likes me!  He is cooking me steak."  Six years later we are still together.

When I have time to myself, I like to go for walks, do some reading, watch romantic comedies, and exercise.  

Today has been a pretty good day.  I am always a little anxious when my stepson is here not knowing what drama his BM will create.  

StephieLynn0406
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I guess ill start with the fact that i am the mother to a beautiful 16 month old baby girl. I live in Kentucky, its where i was raised. 

I currently have a full time job.  My fiance and i have been together for 2 1/2 years now, together we raise our daughter and help raise his 3 other girls every weekend. Its a little stressfull at times but you have to love kids. I dont really have alot of free time, but what little bit i do get i try to spend with my daughter.  Now that i am a parent i think more about what she needs than myself.

1girltwinboys
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Karen I have a step son who is 9. I have identical twin boys who are 29 months (2 1/2) and a 9 month old little girl. I am from California but now I live in Texas with my Fiance who I met through my sister and her husband. As for free time did you read the ages of my kids and I work full time.
Draine
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM
4 moms liked this
Hello Everyone! I have two boys ages 6 and 21 months. My husband and I were born and raised in Jamaica, and we are now living in Swedesboro, New Jersey since 2009. We love it here! I met him in a taxi in 2000 as we were heading to our closest town from our separate community to do Saturday chores, like depositing checks, withdrawing money, receiving money through money gram, grocery shopping, etc.
I like to read, browse the net, go shopping, and encourage people to live a fulfilling life.
Whatever you're going through right now, be encouraged and don't give up on life. God created you for a purpose and you are important to Him.
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Welcome to CafeMom!

Quoting NetRaine:

I am a stepmom to a nearly 15-year-old young man.  I grew up in Iowa, and now I live in Missouri.  My significant other and I met at home.  He was my neighbor.  He invited me over for a steak dinner, and I thought "Wow! This guy really likes me!  He is cooking me steak."  Six years later we are still together.

When I have time to myself, I like to go for walks, do some reading, watch romantic comedies, and exercise.  

Today has been a pretty good day.  I am always a little anxious when my stepson is here not knowing what drama his BM will create.  

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Welcome to CafeMom! I had the same discovery, that being a mom meant the child had priority. :)

Quoting StephieLynn0406:

I guess ill start with the fact that i am the mother to a beautiful 16 month old baby girl. I live in Kentucky, its where i was raised. 

I currently have a full time job.  My fiance and i have been together for 2 1/2 years now, together we raise our daughter and help raise his 3 other girls every weekend. Its a little stressfull at times but you have to love kids. I dont really have alot of free time, but what little bit i do get i try to spend with my daughter.  Now that i am a parent i think more about what she needs than myself.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Hi, Karen! Welcome!

Quoting 1girltwinboys:

Hi my name is Karen I have a step son who is 9. I have identical twin boys who are 29 months (2 1/2) and a 9 month old little girl. I am from California but now I live in Texas with my Fiance who I met through my sister and her husband. As for free time did you read the ages of my kids and I work full time.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Hello! Welcome to CafeMom! Thank you for the inspirational note.

Quoting Draine:

Hello Everyone! I have two boys ages 6 and 21 months. My husband and I were born and raised in Jamaica, and we are now living in Swedesboro, New Jersey since 2009. We love it here! I met him in a taxi in 2000 as we were heading to our closest town from our separate community to do Saturday chores, like depositing checks, withdrawing money, receiving money through money gram, grocery shopping, etc.
I like to read, browse the net, go shopping, and encourage people to live a fulfilling life.
Whatever you're going through right now, be encouraged and don't give up on life. God created you for a purpose and you are important to Him.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Welcome to cafemom, nice to meet you. If you haven't already, check out this other group.

Join us in Stepmom Central

Quoting NetRaine:

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Welcome to cafemom, nice to meet you.

Quoting StephieLynn0406:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)