Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Healthy recipes

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
What's your favorite healthy recipe ?
I'm trying to get some new ideas for dinner.
Dh is diabetic and has high cholesterol and many other health problems. So I try to do mostly plant based.
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Lean proteins are also good for diabetics.  Fish, chicken, etc.   Our favorite go to recipe is oven baked tilapia seasoned with Mrs Dash Lemon pepper and butter. It is served with a pasta or brown rice.  Does anyone have any allergies or food intolerances?

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM

STUFFED Bell peppers are one of my favs although I use ground beef you can stuff them with woman's different things.      I also made a really good and easy veggie spaghetti last week all in 1 pot.  

Can of diced tomatoes.

Onion sliced.

2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced,

oregano basil parsley salt pepper  

Red pepper flakes if you like spicier

4 cups of vegtable bbroth and

12 oz spaghetti 

I also used fresh rosemary 

put all in a pot  bring to a boil  cover simmer for 10-15 min  

I did have to add a little water to it because I put in to much spaghetti lol 

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Dd is allergic to citrus and pineapple

Quoting frndlyfn:

Lean proteins are also good for diabetics.  Fish, chicken, etc.   Our favorite go to recipe is oven baked tilapia seasoned with Mrs Dash Lemon pepper and butter. It is served with a pasta or brown rice.  Does anyone have any allergies or food intolerances?

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Have you tried making spaghetti using spaghetti squash instead of flour pasta?  You can use a tomato based sauce or an olive oil sauce which uses no veggies.

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I make zucchini lasagna. I think I'll try the spaghetti squash

Quoting frndlyfn:

Have you tried making spaghetti using spaghetti squash instead of flour pasta?  You can use a tomato based sauce or an olive oil sauce which uses no veggies.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM

How did that turn out?  I Have never had it.  My dad used to make eggplant parmesan instead of chicken or veal.

Quoting Jennifer63080:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM
We love it! I make it about once a week. It might not be for everyone though... I love zucchini and could eat it for every meal

Quoting frndlyfn:

How did that turn out?  I Have never had it.  My dad used to make eggplant parmesan instead of chicken or veal.

Quoting Jennifer63080:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Bump
Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM

bumping again!

Can anyone recommend a good website?  I've searched and searched pinterest.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM

well, im vegan.. I  make steamed veggies &   throw them over either pilaf, pasta, quionea or rice.. you cna add tofu ( it takes on any  flavor you cook with) or eggplant im not a fan of mushrooms but  many are..

add EVERYTHING in it even sliced almonds get some protein in it LOTS of veggies,  all kinda of peppers, squash, brocoli , carrot. onion, garlic.. have fun with it  ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)