Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone tried the cinnamon and honey tea that I keep seeing on facebook? It is supposed to help with all kinds of health issues.

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

It is supposed to be made with ceylon cinnamon and raw honey and supposed to help with all kinds of health issues, arthritis, weight loss, skin problems, bladder infections, the list goes on.

Has anyone used it religiously and seen any kind of results? Just curious

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I don't do the tea, but I do mix raw honey and cinnamon in organic, plain Greek yogurt every morning and have noticed a difference. I took a couple of nutrition classes my first year in college and from what I learned there, cinnamon can be really good for you. 

gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:59 AM

i couldnt get past the first cup of tea. i like cinnamon, but not that quantity

Gingered
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Quoting PeaceLoveAndTea:

I don't do the tea, but I do mix raw honey and cinnamon in organic, plain Greek yogurt every morning and have noticed a difference. I took a couple of nutrition classes my first year in college and from what I learned there, cinnamon can be really good for you. 

I bought raw honey yesterday but I think I will have to order the right kind of cinnamon. I guess the cinnamon that is commonly sold in stores can act as a blood thinner if you have too much. I might like it better in yogurt than water.

Gingered
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Quoting gsmom9:

i couldnt get past the first cup of tea. i like cinnamon, but not that quantity

Yeah, I am hoping that I can do it. It doesn't really dissolve, does it?

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:24 AM

It is a lot better in yogurt. And Greek yogurt is so much better for you than normal yogurt. It's got a lot more protein in it and it leaves you feeling fuller than the normal stuff.

Quoting Gingered:

Quoting PeaceLoveAndTea:

I bought raw honey yesterday but I think I will have to order the right kind of cinnamon. I guess the cinnamon that is commonly sold in stores can act as a blood thinner if you have too much. I might like it better in yogurt than water.

To be a saint is the exception; to be an upright man is the rule. Err, fall, sin if you will, but be upright.

-Victor Hugo

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:33 AM

My doctor said get 1/4 tsp of cinnamon a day, (of course this is for me, can't say about anyone else.)

Purple_Pixie
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I would love to do this but I can NOT have cinnamon in the house. My 14 year old is severely allergic to it. Even if its in the air she has a reaction.
Gingered
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Quoting Purple_Pixie:

I would love to do this but I can NOT have cinnamon in the house. My 14 year old is severely allergic to it. Even if its in the air she has a reaction.

Yikes, now that is an allergy that I have never heard of. That's no good.

Purple_Pixie
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM
It's a hard one to live with. Everything she eats away from home we have to question. Food shopping takes a while when we make new foods because I have to read labels. She can't eat most cereal because of it.

Quoting Gingered:

Quoting Purple_Pixie:

Yikes, now that is an allergy that I have never heard of. That's no good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)