Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

C-Section healing process

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 17 Replies
Its been 6 months yesterday since my c-section. Almost everday or every two days since my c-section Ive been getting a hard pain in my stomac like some punched me and ir happens atleast twice a day. Do anybody know what it could be and lasting so long?
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM
You will get pains when using your stomach muscles for a long time. My daughter is 3 and if I sit up the wrong way, I still get that pulling, hot pain in one side sometimes.
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Talk to your doctor but it sounds to me like normal pains from everything - it takes a long time to really get back to normal again after having a section, and if you're like me and build scar tissue easily, you could even be suffering pain from that. But your doctor will be able to rule out other issues, so talk to him or her.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Even 6 years later, I still get pings from where my c section was.  It is the muscles healing.  It may be your body telling you that you are over exerting yourself.  Is there a specific activity that you are doing when you feel the pain?

little.worthen
by Tess on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I had that for 3 years. They're like ghost pains. And if you touched my scar it was so weird feeling and painful.
Eventually it got better but never went away until my second c-section
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Ive had 3 cs all using the same scar area. I sneeze and it hurts, or move/stretch wrong.
ShadowLark
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Adhesions?  Double check with your doc.

YIKES!  WHY do people think that C Sections are EASY?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Hope the others have helped ;)

Lissa14
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Ive had two csections. One in 2008 the other in 2010. I dont have any pain at all!! I healed within 6 weeks. I would go to your doctor about it bc it may be more serious then just having pain for no reason. Better safe then sorry.
Lissa14
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I think they are way easier!!! Just my opinion.

Quoting ShadowLark:

ShadowLark
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Well, maybe your labor was Hell?  No clue - mine have always been straightforward and easy.  Then I push for 10 minutes (or less) and TADA!  Baby!  Heck, my longest labor was 16 hours, and that was with my first.  So for me, major surgery is WAY harder!

Quoting Lissa14:

I think they are way easier!!! Just my opinion.

Quoting ShadowLark:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)