Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Good Afternoon! I am a stay at home mom of an 8yr old and a 6yr old. My husband and I would like to have another baby. My mom and my dad are extremely important to me. My mom has made many comments that she hopes I never have any more children. I quit work to be a sahm 4 months ago. I don't know how to tell her we are trying for another baby. Should I just wait until it happens and then tell her? Thanks for any advice!!!

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Replies (11-15):
mommyziegler
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM
No need to tell her until you find out
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Wait tell it happenes, and if she is still that way just say it was what you and dh wanted. My dh parents did not want me to have the second one we had they were hateful and disrecpectful. So saddly to say they have nothing to do with me or my children. They did not like me before I got pregnant with the first one because a spoke my mind to them and other things. But best of luck to you guys.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

She will adjust, and be thrilled once she does. It is your life and your decision. Has she ever said why she feels that way?

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I wouldn't bother telling her you're trying. Just tell her when it happens. Then, if she says something about it, ask her why she has such a problem with how many kids you and your husband decide to have. 

You'd think she'd be excited! Does she have any reason not to be?

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM

its really up to you..  the bottom line is if you can  afford it & its ok for your family..  im not sure why she;d  have any concern?

id wait until you are preg bc why have her upset you if she says anything while you're tcc? ENJOY trying and  when it happens.. let her know & I just hope  she can be happy for you & if not.. i hope you can not let it ruin your happy moment.

GL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN