Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I contacted a company today..

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

Since reading 'natural flavoring might contain castoreum (beaver's butt glands) I tend to read ingredients on everything I eat now. 

I put a piece of gum into my mouth this afternoon not thinking of the ingredients-when I casually read the back of the gum box. It said 'natural flavoring' so I emailed the company asking if their products contained 'castoreum' in which the company responded, 'No' then I asked what the natural flavoring was and their response was:

"Unfortunately we can not tell you what the natural ingredients are in the products.  It is proprietary information."

To me, as a consumer, I feel as if I have a right to know what I am consuming and putting into my body.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Then don't put it in your body. They don't want someone getting their recipes and selling it cheaper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I wonder if they would answer if you asked whether they were plant based or animal based ingredients.  

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:22 PM
They must answer that.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I wonder if they would answer if you asked whether they were plant based or animal based ingredients.  

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:34 PM

smart. I will ask them that! I didn't want to blast the company here. I mean, anyone can contact a company and find out info. Just thought it was strange they wouldn't directly answer my question.

Quoting frndlyfn:

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I realize that, but as a consumer I'm very much interested into what I am putting into my body.

Quoting unspecified42:

Then don't put it in your body. They don't want someone getting their recipes and selling it cheaper.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That is what i thought since many people are beginning a more vegan life style.  This question they can answer since you do not ask for specific ingredients, just how they are based.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

They must answer that.

Quoting frndlyfn:

RADmomma
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Good luck!!!
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Great suggestion!

Quoting frndlyfn:

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting taKENheart:

Great suggestion!

Quoting frndlyfn:

agree :) I;ll let you know what the company responds with tomorrow.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Oh wow. That would just make me even more curious what it was they put in it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)