Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ok so I had my baby boy 4 1/2  months ago he is my 2nd baby. With my daughter I had an epidural when I gave birth to her. 3 months after I had some back pain where I got the epidural nothing too bad. Then I had my son and the dr who gave me my epidural took 30 min because every time I got the thing my body rejected what ever he out in my back. My epi never even had the time to work my son came down and it was time. But after I healed I didn't have any problems until now. 3 days ago I was bringing in groceries and I started to get some back pain well bad pain. right where the epi was like on the left side of my spine. I never had this bad pain before. I don't know if I pulled something bending down with too many bags (hubby was at the park with the kids while I went shopping I was home alone that is why I brought the bags in alone lol) or is it from the epi. 

My question is how do I help it ? I can't bend over and I walk like I am 90 years old 

I do I know when I should go to the dr. It hurts but I don't know if I can rest at home and take care of it or go in. 

it also hurts a little bit when you push on it. Not like omg kind of hurt but a hey that hurt when you touched it. sorry I don't know how else ot explain it. I am trying the best I can. 

thanks in advance for the help. 

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Replies (21-26):
newmomat22
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

went my dr said it seems to be from the epi i had with my kids. If it gets worse go to the hospital . He wants me to go back and get checked again. It comes and goes now it isn't constint. thanks for asking.

Quoting Bmat:

I just saw this was a post from several days ago. What did you find out? How do you feel?

TheMommaJessie
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM

go 2 doc the doc will prescribe a muscle relaxer 4 you 2 take at night and light lifting rest ice packs & heat rotation. if that doesn't help it might be nerve damage. I had a spinal with my son (emergancy c-section) and it took them an hour 2 get it but caused nerve damage in my back from it.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I hope it goes and doesn't continue to bother you.

Quoting newmomat22:

went my dr said it seems to be from the epi i had with my kids. If it gets worse go to the hospital . He wants me to go back and get checked again. It comes and goes now it isn't constint. thanks for asking.

Quoting Bmat:

I just saw this was a post from several days ago. What did you find out? How do you feel?

kadandmom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM
If youre a daily coffee drinker or one that takes a cup just when you need it...I want you to try this coffee....It has not just a pick me up that is better than your generic or store bought brands, but it has health benefits as well...one of which is total body health and healing.....

I am more than excited not just about the opportunity, I bought this originally because it tastes great but the benefits from my daily cup o joe are INSANE for me and I haven't regretted a single day. I am literally getting out of bed and walking through my morning, no limping and considerably less pain in my hips.
And I'm not trying to spend a ridiculous amount of money either so I opted to order the basic black coffee and sweeten it myself. Their prepackaged ones are great (mocha is my fave) but are more expensive than the plain black. Just a suggestion. But I have had a bad day and my step dad who doesn't trust anything...is also happy with his purchase (real big shocker for me) lol...I hope you try it....
http://kadandmom.organogold.com/r/US/
jconney80
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I'm sorry mama. Drs don't like to tell women that Epis can cause lifelong side effects like back pain. I hope it gets better :(

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM

my sis has been having back issues these last few weeks too..she's been getting acupuncture done..and dr said LOTS of heat and stretching

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)