Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those of you with daughters...

What age did or will you put them in a training bra? Mine are 8, 7 and almost 6 and they're starting to "bud" a little so I'm wondering is it too early or is it time? 

**My Family**

~Live, Laugh, Love~

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
Christy78
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest she was 8 yr olds.

saphiraka
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:51 PM

My oldest started to get where she was poking out around 10(2years ago).  She started wearing one then.. The sports bra kind, not really cups or anything.  Well when it was school shopping time last year my youngest who was 9 really really wanted bras too.. She wants to be like her big sister.. I didnt think that was something worth fighting over so we bought her some to..with the understanding that if she was big enough to wear them, then once she started she couldnt just decide she didnt like it and stop..  Big girls dont get the option of doing that, once you need them, your stuck.  It went well..She is still wearing them.. didnt really have any issues with her at all.. As a parent you gotta pick your fights lol.. wearing a bra was something that was gonna happen anyway and it wasnt gonna hurt her to wear it before she really "had" to..  Now something like makeup just because older sis has gotten old enough  will be a differnt story later on.  lol 

alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I don't think there is or can be a set age. I have 3 girls and they will get one when they start budding. Whatever that age may be.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM
dd had nothing to that point

Quoting wildbruin:

Too late, by late middle school, my DD was wearing a D cup. 4th to 5th grade or when they feel uncomfortable. And definately before they have to change for gym.

Quoting calsmom62:

around late middle school

RADmomma
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I think it's different for every girl.
pinkysmommy720
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Mine was 10. She wasn't budding yet, but she was complaining that her shirts were bothering her, so I bought her some.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Dd asked for a bra in 2nd grade, I didn't get her any till 4th grade, she didn't need them, but I figured 4th grade was a good time to start.  Now that she is about to start 5th she is starting to get buds.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM

my daughter is almost 8 and she has absolutely no need for them yet...but I'm sure it won't be long. I needed them before I was 10

SissyAnn141
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Quoting mom22angels38:

My dd is 9 and needs to wear one with certain shirts or dresses. She just started needing one this year.

I really, do not mean to sound rude.

This will cause BACK Problems, and maybe others.

That I may not know, of, Please ask her Doctor.

About her growth.

mom22angels38
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
3 moms liked this
What will cause back problems? Wearing a training bra at age 9? We go for annual physicals and the doctor has never seen any red flags.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying?

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting mom22angels38:

My dd is 9 and needs to wear one with certain shirts or dresses. She just started needing one this year.

I really, do not mean to sound rude.

This will cause BACK Problems, and maybe others.

That I may not know, of, Please ask her Doctor.

About her growth.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN