Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those of you with daughters...

What age did or will you put them in a training bra? Mine are 8, 7 and almost 6 and they're starting to "bud" a little so I'm wondering is it too early or is it time? 

**My Family**

~Live, Laugh, Love~

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
Blestmomof3
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I have three girls and when they were just starting to bud, they wore undershirts under their thinner shirts and t-shirts during fall/winter.  If they were wearing a sweatshirt/sweater, they wouldn't need it.   Those t-shirt material sports bras would be ok for summer.  It doesn't matter the age, it just matters how much they show and if their buds are obvious, I would get them something to help minimize.

SissyAnn141
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Quoting mom22angels38:

What will cause back problems? Wearing a training bra at age 9? We go for annual physicals and the doctor has never seen any red flags.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying?

Quoting SissyAnn141:

Quoting mom22angels38:

My dd is 9 and needs to wear one with certain shirts or dresses. She just started needing one this year.

I really, do not mean to sound rude.

This will cause BACK Problems, and maybeothers.

That I may not know, of, Please ask her Doctor.

About her growth.

Sorry, I Miss-read, I apologies.

l0nely
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Once she starts developing I will.
cox3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
My dd is 10. Just started wearing one. still trying to figure which one she likes best.
Jabojoe
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM
4th grade. Some girls can wait longer but if she's starting to show she should be wearing one.
momofsunshine77
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd's are 2 and 4 so not there yet, but I personally did not wear a training bra and did not wear a bra until about 8th or 9th grade i think.  LOL

brianNsarah09
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I recently read that all the information we learned, growing up, about how wearing a bra as much as possible and as early as possible, strengthens breast tissue & helps to prevent breasts from sagging, is untrue. The study said that actually, spending some time without our bras gives our breast tissue a chance to actually "work"..rather like "exercise" to support our breasts & wearing one all the time actually weakens breast tissue. NOW THEY TELL US, right? :)  I agree with Beebella though and thiink if they are "budding", then a sports bra would be perfect & probably make them more comfortable. I'd hold off on the training bra right now, I think it's a bit soon. If you really think about it, that study makes sense..letting our breasts just "hang out" in a bra all the time would very likely make our muscles in that area weak..cause they aren't ever really doing much.  Best of luck to you...the fact that you asked for other opinions shows you're a responsible & loving mother. God Bless you & your family!  

Tammywhynot
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM
I have 3 step daughters and 2 girls of my own. Think all my step daughters started when they was about 8 or 9. if u notice through a top everyone will so go get them x must be strange knowing they r growing up. My girls are 7 and 2 im dredding that time coming lol xx

Quoting mommaof3girls24:

What age did or will you put them in a training bra? Mine are 8, 7 and almost 6 and they're starting to "bud" a little so I'm wondering is it too early or is it time? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:49 AM
My dd is 8 and doesnt need it yet.
jujubear1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:14 AM

DD is 8 and I've taken her out shopping for them.  She wears one occassionally and I've notice in the "wifebeater" type tank tops, she needs one.  I don't really push her to wear them often, but when she feels like it, she'll put one on.  I will point out when she needs one in certain shirts, but I don't force her. She isn't excited about it at all so I figure I will take it slow lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN