Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those of you with daughters...

What age did or will you put them in a training bra? Mine are 8, 7 and almost 6 and they're starting to "bud" a little so I'm wondering is it too early or is it time? 

**My Family**

~Live, Laugh, Love~

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (251-260):
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM

My daughter was 9 years old when she started wearing one.

ChristyG2012
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM
She's only one now, but I'm sure she'll be an early bloomer like mommy. I don't think it's an age thing, just whenever they start to "bud". Unless, by chance, she's a late bloomer, in which case, I'd prob put her in one anyway so she doesn't feel so different from the other girls.
Rooobeee
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I would buy the training bras as soon as they start showing (not budding) at the onset of puberty or when they get into middle school, whichever comes first. I have two daughters. My first was 10 when she needed a bra, but my youngest was able to wait until 7th grade. Even though she didn't really need it, in 7th grade, girls are dressing out for P.E. and most of them are wearing bras at that age. However, at some point during this last year, she started growing into her bras. Here's a good idea to see if they need one now. Get a purse with a long strap and put it over their head so that the strap sits between their buds (a seatbelt will provide the same results). If the strap makes it looks like they have boobs, then get them a bra now. If not, then they can wait, unless they ask for one.

Rooobeee
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Also wanted to mention, my girls pediatrician (a woman) told me that once a girl starts budding, she's usually within 2 years of getting her period. So get ready for that soon.

DeNiiseMCruz
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM
My daughter is 9 and she loves wearing sportbras...she even sleeps in them!!
samanthajupe
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM

well i started wearing a training bra at 11 and a half.

NorthStar09
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM

DD is 10, no bra yet. If she brings it up fine, but she doesn't have any need for one and all of the "training bras" (that phrase is so icky to me for some reason) are too big for her anyway.

waffa
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM

My 9 y/o dd is budding too and refuses to wear a bra! Got her a couple of sports bra types and she wore them about 3 or 4 times.

I'm at a complete loss on how to explain to her that she needs to wear one and don't come crying to me this coming school year that the boys and girls are making fun of her like they did with me (I was 10/11, not 9/10 like her when the boobs came).

Quoting mommaof3girls24:

What age did or will you put them in a training bra? Mine are 8, 7 and almost 6 and they're starting to "bud" a little so I'm wondering is it too early or is it time? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

"English motherfucker, do you speak it?" ~Sam Jackson, my hero...

Irenesmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I believe I was around 8 or 9 when my mom suggested one because I was getting "buds" to this day I had that phrase. I hated the training bra I never saw the point. When I was a little older and most of my friends had the real deal bras I asked for a real bra

white_wolf454
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM

i started to bud at 8 and was put in training bras now if my girl starts then or younger i will put them in training bras when they bud

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)