Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those of you with daughters...

What age did or will you put them in a training bra? Mine are 8, 7 and almost 6 and they're starting to "bud" a little so I'm wondering is it too early or is it time? 

**My Family**

~Live, Laugh, Love~

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (261-270):
waffa
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM

*glares @ yew*

really????????

mine was 9 in Feb, has the boob buds AND getting hair down there...

*kill me now, this is why I didn't want a dd*

Quoting Rooobeee:

Also wanted to mention, my girls pediatrician (a woman) told me that once a girl starts budding, she's usually within 2 years of getting her period. So get ready for that soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

"English motherfucker, do you speak it?" ~Sam Jackson, my hero...

tamullen607
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM

My almost 13 yo was around 9 when I got her a training bra. By the time she was 10 I was reminding her to wear it everyday to school.

Blackroses137
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM
My daughter is only 2, so here's a bump.
hockey21
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:34 PM

starting to 'bud' at 6??  wow....I would get the 8yr old a trainning bra or sports type...but 6???  

Rooobeee
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 4:35 AM
LOL I'm sorry to say, but generally that's true. My oldest daughter started her period when she was 10, just a couple of months before her 11th birthday. My youngest, however, started hers just a week after her 12th birthday. And, don't hate me for this, but I once read a book that was all about how to talk to your daughter about her period before puberty. The book mentioned that some girls can show symptoms of PMS months BEFORE they even have their first period. I truly can't say if I ever recognized the signs in my daughters before or after reading g that book, but the info did take me by surprise.

Quoting waffa:

*glares @ yew*

really????????

mine was 9 in Feb, has the boob buds AND getting hair down there...

*kill me now, this is why I didn't want a dd*

Quoting Rooobeee:

Also wanted to mention, my girls pediatrician (a woman) told me that once a girl starts budding, she's usually within 2 years of getting her period. So get ready for that soon.

NoelM
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 6:23 AM

My girls started wearing bras when they expressed interest in doing so.  Both wore them before they really needed them.  Stores like Justice sell really nice beginner bras and the also have what look likes a cami half shirts that are embellished that are great for beginning bra wearers.

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Dd has to wear tanks under some shirts and I am considering a thicker bra like undergarment. Mainly because you can tell she is cold.

xxshelbyxxx
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:12 AM
I guess it's really not that big of a deal, especially since they're your daughters so your rules are the only ones that matter. But if it were MY girls they wouldn't be wearing bras at 5. That's still basically a toddler, there's no WAY they have any shape there yet. I was 11 when I started wearing training bras and even then my itty bitties were BARELY there

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I don't see what's the big deal...

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

5 is way too young to be wearing bras unless your daughters budding which I highly doubt. Ite cute she wants to be like mommy but c'mon.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I have two girls. 5 and 2.5. The 5 year old likes to wear training bras (cami looking ones) because she "wants to wear a bra like Mommy."

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I know she doesn't need it. She wears it maybe two times a month. Like I said, it's a cami looking one so no one even knows she's wearing it. It's just for fun.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

I guess it's really not that big of a deal, especially since they're your daughters so your rules are the only ones that matter. But if it were MY girls they wouldn't be wearing bras at 5. That's still basically a toddler, there's no WAY they have any shape there yet. I was 11 when I started wearing training bras and even then my itty bitties were BARELY there

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I don't see what's the big deal...

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

5 is way too young to be wearing bras unless your daughters budding which I highly doubt. Ite cute she wants to be like mommy but c'mon.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I have two girls. 5 and 2.5. The 5 year old likes to wear training bras (cami looking ones) because she "wants to wear a bra like Mommy."

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

i never did training bras.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN