Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New Mommy Seeking Advice!

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hello. I am 33 years old and live in Charlotte, North Carolina. My husband and I are originally from Saint Louis and we have been together since 2010. Our first child, our daughter, Ella, was born January 23, 2013. She is amazing! I used to work as a Clinical Research Coordinator but now I am an at home mommy. My husband works 12-14 hours per day currently, so I often get lonely and overwhelmed. Ella is developing beautifully and is a healthy 5 month old, but I am having a lot of difficulty getting her to sleep regularly. I carry the burden of always being up with her and honestly, I am exhausted. I am seeking any friendly advice or suggestions that may have helped anyone else. I love my daughter and family so very much and I look forward to chatting and learning from other amazing mothers!
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Do u have a bedtime routine??
Rhenee
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM
I try as much as possible to keep a routine at night. I bathe her, use lavender lotion, put jammies on, sing quietly, keep lighting low, and feed her. She had been going to sleep around 11 and sleeping mostly through the night for anout 2 months, but for about the last 3 weeks, she is up every hour or two, not always fussy, just awake. I nursed her solely the first month, but due to complications, we switched to formula. We just started some foods last week and she is doing well with that.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I would talk to her doctor about starting any table foods before giving.   At this age it is hit or miss with sleep.  What you can do to promote sleep time is keep lights off or real low, soothing music playing, a fan blowing to help with white noise and air flow, a baby massage after bathtime or a simple sponge bath - running wet washcloth over her body to help get off any dribbles.

ashley9603
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM

My twins were tough when they were at that age...what worked for one didnt work for another.Try a bedtime snack to help ease her to sleep.Its possible she is going through a growth spurt or she is just being a typical baby.Keep trying different things perhaps.Does she nap still during the day?Maybe she is sleeping too much during the day maybe.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
35 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
I like the suggestions you have been given,
Good luck & let us know what helps :)

Rhenee
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Her pediatrician did suggest table foods. And as far as napping, she will nap for about 20 minutes, once or twice a day. She does not seem to have an issue with falling asleep, just staying asleep. Thank you for the suggestions :)
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Rhenee, I'm Nancy, and Ihave a 6 y/o named Ela, one L, but pronounced the same. Those sleepless nights are rough, but it will work out soon. In thr meantime, try napping when she does.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Welcome to the group!!!  There is always someone on here if you want to talk in the middle of the night.

KaylinC03
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Welcome! I live in North Carolina as well. :) 

How many naps (and how long?) does she take during the day?

Rhenee
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I love how you spell her name!

Quoting elasmimi:

Hi Rhenee, I'm Nancy, and Ihave a 6 y/o named Ela, one L, but pronounced the same. Those sleepless nights are rough, but it will work out soon. In thr meantime, try napping when she does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)