Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

vaccination question UPDATED

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM
  • 31 Replies

no this is NOT a hot   debated question.. no drama . 

i just confused about something.. i keep reading " delaying vacc" how moms delay..

is this like to delay a certain vacc until a certain year  or age??

i dont say " delay" i say we break them up/spread them out..  what we do is we DO vacc  for mOST not all.. but anyway i do not like to give my babies ALL  shots at once.. i personally just feel its too much to fihgt at one time.. so we do like 2 &  then come back  in a month or so depending on when  the dr says we have to get it done by and  then give  the other 2 just to not give all 4 lets say at a time.. and i find it helps alot.. we didnt do this  the 1st time with my ds1 & he was a mess.. after that we began to  break them up and we;d have to pay that copay but it waas worth it & ds2 now we started him off  doing that bc we learned the hard way from ds1..

but is this the same as delaying?  if not what is  it to delay?  bc the pedi  & office have those forms that say  they need this one by this age.. so idk if you can go past that age or not..???

UPDATE-- ok so im  getting many responses that just tell me  what  everyoen does and their story or telling me how im wrong in knowing  that my son had a reaction..

im asking a question &  I just want to know is delaying.. the same as what I do?  I   spread out the vacc  w/in the set scedule pretty much  just not to give it all in one day or week or even month.. is that called delaying? or is delaying  different? if so please tell me what delaying  really is &  explain why its done bc I dont want to use the term incorrectly. thanks

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeautifulFey
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM

So you are a selective delaying mom? I delay, greatly delay and select as well.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM
The vaxs didnt cause your son to be messed up.

I give my daughter all of her shots when needed, and shes fine.
Kahla11
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

We have to split it up with twins. Their first set was horrible. They cried for over 6 hrs. at a time and it was not colic. Doctor had us call the hotline number for reporting side affects. We completely vaccs but do not do more than one shot at a time by the cdc and doctor orders. The doc splits it up by weeks. They now think they know what vacc it is that they have problem with since the first incidence.  They still get that shot but it is a seperate one instead. So they are still completely vacc.

RADmomma
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:33 AM
We don't vaccinate at all.

When I was still researching I told my dr that we were delaying until age 2.

The schedule is a recommendation...
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 2:28 AM

We delayed due to not being able to get to the doctor at the earliest age recommended but she was up to her peers by time she entered kindergarten. She has never recieved the flu shot though.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

idk what its called. that's why I'm asking. is delaying the same as just spreading them out?

Quoting BeautifulFey:

So you are a selective delaying mom? I delay, greatly delay and select as well.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Yes they did!.  Just because your child had a different reaction  to my son doesn't mean my sons reaction didn't happen. he does better when i  spread them out then all at once. He did get his shots as needed. Just we  broke it up in 1/2 . This doesn't asnwer my question.  I'm glad your daughter is fine. My son is fine too. I'm trying to understand  the term " delay" in regards to giving vaccinations.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

The vaxs didnt cause your son to be messed up.

I give my daughter all of her shots when needed, and shes fine.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM

so my question is is what you & I do called  to delay vaccinations? or is that different? I don't feel like im delaying them  that's why I'm unsure it's the same. I just break it up  so it's not all  at one day.

Quoting Kahla11:

We have to split it up with twins. Their first set was horrible. They cried for over 6 hrs. at a time and it was not colic. Doctor had us call the hotline number for reporting side affects. We completely vaccs but do not do more than one shot at a time by the cdc and doctor orders. The doc splits it up by weeks. They now think they know what vacc it is that they have problem with since the first incidence.  They still get that shot but it is a seperate one instead. So they are still completely vacc.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM

so what I do is not called  delaying then? that's what Im confused about. I keep reading  stories like yours of " delaying". im not judging at all this is not about that. Im trying to know the diference.  delyaing menas to go beyone the  scedule  then? all I do is break them up really  usually a few months 6 mos  tops i think..  they just get it at the next appt or  we go back  a bit later.. ( short delay i guess) i just dont  want to gove too many at once..  is this  called delaying? or is that different i guess???? if what im doing is NOT delaying just " spreading out & breaking up" the vaccinations.. then what is delay & why  do moms do it?

Quoting RADmomma:

We don't vaccinate at all.

When I was still researching I told my dr that we were delaying until age 2.

The schedule is a recommendation...

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM

so delayed means what? to go beyond the scedule set? im trying to figure out if what I choose to do is  called delay or not.. like i said we " spread them out"  so  they dont get  many shots at one time. but we dont go past the scedule  really.. idk if that's delay I just dont want to use the term wrong. nobody explains it.. they just say " oh we delay vaccinations" but im trying to understand what that means & if its what I do or not. if its different.. why? i understand you siad you just cant get to the dr? but when others say we choose to delay..  do you know why?

Quoting frndlyfn:

We delayed due to not being able to get to the doctor at the earliest age recommended but she was up to her peers by time she entered kindergarten. She has never recieved the flu shot though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)