Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you let your child go to Disney World with a friend?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 75 Replies
My DH and I are planning a trip to Disney Workd soon for our dd. Here's the issue......our DD is 6, she will be 7 by the time we go on the trip, and we feel like she would have more fun if she had a friend come along (dd is an only child). We would pay all costs for the friend to go (flight, park tickets, food...). Would you feel comfortable letting your child go?
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Yes! Disney has a ton of plain clothes security all over...it's a safe place and it would be a ton of fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3infl
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Not at that age

Miller0305
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Not at that age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:11 AM
It depends on how well I knew the parents and how far away it is. I'm in MD so probably not unless it was my sister taking her
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:11 AM
if I knew your family well yes. if kids were just school friends. no.
HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Depending who she was going with. If I didn't know the family well I would say no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirl7161
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I didn't get to go at that age, but I was also not fortunate enough to have friends that would extend the invite. As I got older I was allowed. First major trip a week long weekend to bush gardens with my boyfriend and his entire family. I was 15.
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I'm in Tampa. So depending on how well I knew the parents and if its just a day trip, I would allowed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:16 AM
No, it's too far, i dont trust others with my kids at all, and It's usually a family experience. I'd be pissed if that we're taken away from me.
emilysmom8
by Dawn on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

It depends on how well I knew the family and how comfortable I am with them being in carge of my daughter. My DD has a few friends whom I love their parents (there is a group of us that have become good friends), and I would have no problems with her going on vaction with them. However there are a couple sets of parents that I dont even trust them to watch my DD for a playdate so I would never trust them to take her to a place like Disney

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)