Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

does she have add?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 5 Replies
My DD is 3.5 and has never been able to look me in the eye for more than 2 seconds when I am talking to her and seems to have a hard time focusing. She is very smart, social, and high energy but my husband has been pointing out things that she does which he used to do as a child. He is add ADHD. I don't want to label her or medicate her if it comes to that. Is there anything I can do to help her focus? Diet changes? Etc?
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gregheather
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Cut out food dyes and processed foods. Fish oil can help also. There are also a brand of vitamins calle Focas Factor that are supposed to work well.

LaLaMonkey
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
She only eats fresh fruits and vegetables, meat, and some grains. No dairy, no candy, no sugar. She is prettinuch vegan except she eats pork, chicken, and turkey. No other animal products. She eats fish about once a week but I will look into the focus factor vitamins. She takes calcium, vitamin d3 and vitamin c.

Quoting gregheather:Cut out food dyes and processed foods. Fish oil can help also. There are also a brand of vitamins calle Focas Factor that are supposed to work well.
blue123244
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I would ask what does she have a hard time focussing on?  Is she interested and engaged? What about her eye contact with her father and her peers?  Can she sit down for 15 minutes or more to accomplish a task that she enjoys?  Is she going to preschool - and if so what do the teacher say about her behavior and is she retaining information - is the environment distracting (lots of noise, things everywhere?)  

StoneColdKiller
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Could be HF autism.
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add and ADHD are diagnosed by her behavior in multiple settings with multiple care givers. That is why kids are diagnosed after they start school full time. I teach special Ed and your brief description would not warrant that diagnosis.
Cut out artifial colors and sweeteners, make sure your child sleeps enough and don't over stimulate with video games for now. After your child enters kinder talk to your pediatrician.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)