Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

hair falling out!

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 32 Replies
I read somewhere that ur hair falls out after pregnancy. Its been 4 months and im pulling clumps out in the shower. Is this normal?!
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Not for me it was not.  It did not happen to me.  You could have something going on to cause it.  Hormones, not enough sleep, nutritionally deprived, etc., 

BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I've heard that too-but I also believe it could be a thyroid problem!

alexis_06
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 2:25 AM

my hair USED to be think and long...since i've had my daughter (9yrs ago) my hair is now thin, fine and short..it frickin sucks!

face84
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:19 AM

my hair did that about 6 months after I had DS1.  The doctor said that it was normal not to worry

Hollybriann
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Mine does that. I have iron deficiency and I'm anemic. My kids are 8 months. And it's been doing it since I had them.
Melinda32
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:13 AM
It happened right around 5 mths for me, all the thickness that built up during pregnancy just fell out. My hair is already thick so it was actually a relief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kisaki.
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:20 AM
1 mom liked this
after a pregnancy some woman get problems in they thyroid and this can make the hair lose
u better go make a blood test in a endocrinologist as fast as possible
because if u do have a problem he will give u pills to fix it and it will take more 2 -3 months till ur hair stop fall

so hurry
MyStarLight
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:06 AM
Mine was falling.out for like a whole year i wanted to cry so.bad everytime i brushed washed my hair
No wait i did cry!
AtillaTheHun
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Hair loss after pregnancy is fairly common. You can get a checkup (blood work etc) to make sure nothing is wrong with your thyroid. I started taking Biotin after my last pregnancy because it got really bad. It will take a while to kick in but it did make a huge difference. Biotin is not only good for your hair but also for your nails :) 

http://www.organico.ie/news/natural-remedies/natural-remedies-for-hair-loss-during-and-after-pregnancy

SarineLewis
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Mine is pretty bad too. Makes showers longer. I have to wash quick because I spend so much time dealing with hair and start to run out of hot water. I hope its stops soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN