Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I Let My DSS Call The Cops on Me

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 51 Replies
6 moms liked this
Yep! I spanked him (three swats) and he said "I'm sick of everyone abusing me. I wish I could call the cops". I dialed the number and let him call. They told him that three swats on the butt with clothes on is far from abuse and if he'd have done what he was told I wouldn't have a reason to spank him in the first place.
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
askyourmother
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Why would he say that?
terpmama
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting askyourmother:

Why would he say that?

Probably cause he's old enough to have heard about the spanking debate and/or abuse and like every kid thinks they have it rough.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

good for you... three swats is definately not abuse.

xanadu96
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you and how the police responded!
kidlover2
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
How old is he? And is he really your stepson? If that's true, I'm gonna say no. I have spanked my own children (5 and under) on occasion, but my husband (their stepfather) doesn't touch them when he disciplines. Maybe I'm old school but I think spanking is strictly for toddlers and preschooler and by immediate biological family only. I don't even do it that often. I can count on 1 hand how many times I have spanked each of my children.
LAXmom21
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM
3 moms liked this
How old and is he your stepson?
If he's your stepson I think you're wrong to spank him. Spanking should only be done by bio parents (IMO).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyraEllen
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM
5 moms liked this
When my brother was in middle school, he developed a strange view on reality. He truly believed our dad was cruel because he didn't load up the house in garbage snacks, he got healthier things. So my brother told a teacher there was no food in our house. The teacher asked for clarification, and my brother insisted there was no food at all. Well the teacher, being a mandated reporter, called CPS. We got a surprise visit from a worker, who told us as soon as stepped in our kitchen and saw the fruit out, that she knew she was wasting her time. She peeked in the fridge and pantry, and confirmed her suspicions. She had a stern conversation with my brother, apologized to my dad, and we never saw them again.

As soon as kids figure out what CPS is, they think it's like, a weapon or something. They don't realize most cops and CPS workers have common sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samanthajupe
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM

say what?

Quoting askyourmother:

Why would he say that?

Foolynroo2
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM

You do realize that this means that punishment is ineffective right?

There comes an age where three swats on the ass is a joke, looks like he has hit that age.

ayacocca
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol you're alright with me. remember when Madea (Tyler Perry's character) dialed the number for that little kid, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN