Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
So we went to walmart...we needed to get me a new bathing suit top and a few other things.

But as we we were walking in, a couple of teenagers were standing at the door, now there are signs that say

"No smoking with in 50 feet of doors"

Literally smoking and blowing their smoke into the building!!! They were pretty much standing in front of the door blocking door way and blowing it in the door.

We walked by and my husband saw this kid about to blow the smoke in the door...hubby ended up telling a manager, and kids were asked to leave.

Anywhos what else would you only see at walmart?

Its 1230am and im bored lol.
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
Kitschy
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I don't go, so I have no idea.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Actually target is about the same. Walmart sells a lesser product. If you look at 60 watt bulbs from GE for example you will see target is about 10 cents more but the last for 1000 hours more. Cereal, laundry soap, etc are all smaller packages. You get what you pay for!

Quoting mama23brie:

No, target IS expensive. Its only cheap compared to a fancy department store like macy's. Wal mart has really cheap stuff but not everything is as low priced as you would think. But you buy it anyways cuz its convenient and that's how they make so much money.

but anyways. Back to the topic.

peopleofwalmart.com is all i have to say LOL
DSamuels
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Lol

Some prices are a little, not a lot, higher than Walmart, some are lower. Their own brand stuff is very reasonably priced and awesome quality. It beats some of the national brands for quality. Their children's clothing is reasonable and of MUCH better quality than Walmart too.

Quoting mama23brie:

No, target IS expensive. Its only cheap compared to a fancy department store like macy's. Wal mart has really cheap stuff but not everything is as low priced as you would think. But you buy it anyways cuz its convenient and that's how they make so much money.

but anyways. Back to the topic.

peopleofwalmart.com is all i have to say LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DSamuels
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM
At target you would have gotten it for the $69, especially if there were one than one there.

Quoting clo1220:

I hate going to Walmart because their stuff is never in the right place. We tried to buy at printer a few months back and there was a pretty big selection of them. I chose a decent one for about $70. When we went to pay it rang up as $99 and change. I told them the shelf where I got the printer was labeled as $69 so they sent an employee to to check it out. It was In the wrong place along with about 5-6 of the same printers. I didn't end up buying a printer because I told them that they should honor the price because it was their mistake and there was not just one placed there by another customer but there were many of them there and they said no that i needed to read the small print and match the bar code numbers! That is not my job! Before leaning dh and I took another closer look At the aisle where the printer was and most of them where misplaced. It was like someone just threw them on the shelve wherever they wanted. I look closely at my items when they are being rang up to make sure prices are correct, I know that not everyone does this and that some people Just pay what is rung up, or they do notice and just don't want to go back and look for something else so they just pay the extra. I feel Like its a way to kind of scam the customer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Yep, nothing says " cool " like bad breath, yellow teeth, stinky clothes and a hacking cough.

Quoting rfhsure:

I see that everywhere. Teenagers think they're really cool.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rfhsure
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM

oh yeah, you got it! I had a friend in high school who truly did start smoking because he was in a band and he thought it added to his image. 5 years later he's still smoking lol. I was a smoker from about 16 until  20. Smoke didn't bother me before I was a smoker, or while I smoked, but after I quit I became super sensitive to the smell. I can't stand it now.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Yep, nothing says " cool " like bad breath, yellow teeth, stinky clothes and a hacking cough.

Quoting rfhsure:

I see that everywhere. Teenagers think they're really cool.

PubeSalad
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Well, what do you expect?

It's Walmart.

I do not shop there. Mostly trash.

frillyflower
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Same thing happened to me but with $300 bunk beds! They had the boxes and "sample bed" above the price AND a tag on the sample bed with the same price. It rang up like $100 more than it was priced. An hour of fighting later, they tell me the upc's didn't match up and it's my job as a customer to check that. Are you freaking kidding me?? THEY set the beds up with that price, THEY put a tag ON THE SAMPLE BED with that price, why would I think THEY screwed up twice?? I took pics of everything and called corporate from that store, needless to say, they honored the price. If I wasn't so desperate at the time I would have just walked out but I had just lost everything I owned and was trying to re buy all I could afford.

Quoting clo1220:

I hate going to Walmart because their stuff is never in the right place. We tried to buy at printer a few months back and there was a pretty big selection of them. I chose a decent one for about $70. When we went to pay it rang up as $99 and change. I told them the shelf where I got the printer was labeled as $69 so they sent an employee to to check it out. It was In the wrong place along with about 5-6 of the same printers. I didn't end up buying a printer because I told them that they should honor the price because it was their mistake and there was not just one placed there by another customer but there were many of them there and they said no that i needed to read the small print and match the bar code numbers! That is not my job! Before leaning dh and I took another closer look At the aisle where the printer was and most of them where misplaced. It was like someone just threw them on the shelve wherever they wanted. I look closely at my items when they are being rang up to make sure prices are correct, I know that not everyone does this and that some people Just pay what is rung up, or they do notice and just don't want to go back and look for something else so they just pay the extra. I feel Like its a way to kind of scam the customer!

frillyflower
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM
After a similar experience, my husband and I stopped shopping there. Screw Walfart. Target is more expensive, but worth it for the no headache shopping.

Quoting DSamuels:

At target you would have gotten it for the $69, especially if there were one than one there.

Quoting clo1220:

SteffM0501
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Only at my Walmart would you see a child, at least seven years old, shirtless, shoeless, sucking on a pacifier and he weighed about 200 lbs. Can't help it though, Walmart has the best prices and we have a tight budget.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)