Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

2nd time pregnant, BFing the first baby, very unhappy, feel down. I just want to quit and run away. Husband not accommodating too.

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
  • 15 Replies
I am just too sick of all this. I want to run away. My husband is devoid of feelings for me and his 1st daughter whose just 6 months. I am lonely inside. He blames me for nothing. I want to just run away I need a life. I am unhappy totally distress. Need help. Need friends
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Thunderbug75
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I think many new Moms feel like you.Talk to your DR you may have post partum depression. If this is the case medication and counseling will help.  If you do not have PPD you can start to work on you.  Join a baby play group to get out at meet other new Moms.  You can also look into a BFing group.  Good luck.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Adjusting to life with a new baby is hard for both mom and dad. I would suggest talking to doctor to see if you have PPD. It's common and treatable. Have you talked to DH about your feelings?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drmkj
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Please can you specify what DH means...?

I'm a doc myself and I know it's not PPD yet... But the problem is where I live there aren't any groups- I live in a country where ppl produce tons of children but there aren't any support groups! (Sad dilemma)

Can an online group help too?

My condition would be easier if my husband was a little supportive!! N that he is not! For him N his family, producing a child means the father is off his duties where the baby is concerned!! Lame but true! Cultures totally suck at times!!
Squirrel1309
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM

DH means Dear Husband.

I don't blame you for feeling down, a six month old is a handful own its own but dealing with that and the stresses of pregnancy- yikes! Can you have a talk with your husband, explain how you feel and that you need some help with the baby? Despite how acceptable it seems to be for him to brush off being a dad maybe you can let him know that it's not acceptable to you. Do you have any family that can help or at least visit? 

As for a support group and friends, we're here for you! Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk. :)

Good luck, and congratulations on both of your babies!

drmkj
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Thank you very much :)
rainmommy
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM

honey you need a heart ot heart with hubby then talk to your dr and if bf is getting to be to much for ya then supplement with formual there is no shame in it hug honey

drmkj
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:30 AM
My baby just wouldn't take the bottle! For 15 days she didn't take the bottle when she was 2.5 months old and after that when I gave her the bottle, she went from a fussy baby to a cry baby so I got the signal that she can't take the bottle anymore!! What should I do??

My husband is the sort that he wouldn't take anything seriously. He is an angry man and thinks whatever he says is right. I need someone to talk to. I feel lonely inside. There's a strange turmoil inside me. I don't want to die or kill anyone-that's the last thing on my mind but yes I really want to enjoy... Have fun... Go out to some cold region-since the place I live in is as hot as a furnace! Plus there are electricity breakdowns many times a days and its just nonsensical!! I think I have a total dislike for my environment and I want to have fun.... WHAT SHOULD I DO!

Quoting rainmommy:

honey you need a heart ot heart with hubby then talk to your dr and if bf is getting to be to much for ya then supplement with formual there is no shame in it hug honey

drmkj
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Tried a heart to heart talk with my husband and I told him to promise that he wouldn't blame me for all i say to him or bring them up in a fight. He said "ok, I won't." But I'm sure he will.

I am sick of all this I need a break. Just on the verge of tears n I know this all has a solution. But no one cares
rainmommy
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Quoting drmkj:

My baby just wouldn't take the bottle! For 15 days she didn't take the bottle when she was 2.5 months old and after that when I gave her the bottle, she went from a fussy baby to a cry baby so I got the signal that she can't take the bottle anymore!! What should I do??

My husband is the sort that he wouldn't take anything seriously. He is an angry man and thinks whatever he says is right. I need someone to talk to. I feel lonely inside. There's a strange turmoil inside me. I don't want to die or kill anyone-that's the last thing on my mind but yes I really want to enjoy... Have fun... Go out to some cold region-since the place I live in is as hot as a furnace! Plus there are electricity breakdowns many times a days and its just nonsensical!! I think I have a total dislike for my environment and I want to have fun.... WHAT SHOULD I DO!

Quoting rainmommy:

breath thats what you need to do honey have you tried pumping and leaving her with a friend or one of the grandparents? or how about nursing right before you leave and just get out for a hour or two? as far as you hubby is concerned if hes a mean man and makes you un happy then why are you with him hun? if he was a good man once upon a time try a date night to re kindle the romance...my suggestion would be get a therapist not meds cause most meds can be passed through milk im bi polar so im aware there are so called safe med you can take but i never trusted them enough to take them well nursing and feel free to add me as a friend if you need someone to talk to i may sound like a know it all but ive been in your shoes and i hate seeing people going through things like this

drmkj
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:42 PM

ah! thats a good question...i guess he was like this before we got married too.. but i just knew him for 4-5 months before we got married-it came up as an arranged proposal and our parents were the ones who decided.. 

he's generally a nice person but sometimes he can get really tough... i've tried to make him understand-he mends himself for a while and then changes later(when he forgets my lesson!!) anyway, "what can't be cured, has to be endured!"

i have tried everything with my baby! the lactation consultant told me that this is a compliment for me that my baby loves my milk and rejects everything else!! happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)