Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I feel bad for my 6yr old son as we dont have many friends that we are close to with kids the same age as him. Is there anyone else out there in the same boat as me? And how do I find friends for him?
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Replies (11-18):
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM

My six year old has ADHD & Anxiety. He finds 1-2 kids that he likes & latches on to them. Both his real good friends moved out of state. :/ He's starting to warm up to another child (whose dad is in the same squadron as SO), so at least there is that.

Quoting xanadu96:

Mine has ADHD, ASD and pediatric bipolar so I know exactly how you feel. He's pretty much a social pariah.

Quoting victoria1971:

My son is the same way. He has speech issues so nobody wants to be friends with him. It sucks

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I know many have suggested sports and that's a great idea.  What about signing him up for swimming lessons since it's summer ;)  Good luck and I hope he finds some nice friends soon.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Library, public park activities, ymca etc could all be good outreaches for him to meet more children.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Do you have any Big Brother Big Sisters associations around? Or a YMCA? You could get him in there for sports or a summer camp. 

TigerMomLove
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

You could see if there are play groups and what not posted in your local macaronikid.com. Just go to the website, type in your local state and city, and see what is available to do. If he hits it off with another kiddo, see if you can set up a playdate with the other family..... good luck...

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Quoting victoria1971:

My son is the same way. He has speech issues so nobody wants to be friends with him. It sucks

that does stink. my 6 year old  has speech issues too...  and he has a hard time making friends as well though in his case it's not so much that other kids won't play with him but that he is self conscious about them not understanding him so he withdraws into his own head. I really feel for your little guy that isn't nice for the other kids to exclude him.

AlwaysKISA
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:01 AM
What makes it a "village"? Genuinely curious....

Quoting NDADanceMom:

We just keep the kids busy. Our village only has 295 people so obviously not a ton of kids. I drive the 10 minutes to the next town to enroll them in sports.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Size. Like a city has 16,000 or more people

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

What makes it a "village"? Genuinely curious....

Quoting NDADanceMom:

We just keep the kids busy. Our village only has 295 people so obviously not a ton of kids. I drive the 10 minutes to the next town to enroll them in sports.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)