Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ribs on the grill?? Updated!

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 9 Replies
Has anyone made BBQ ribs on the grill?

It's hot here and don't want the oven on so thought maybe on the grill?

Update.....best ribs ever! Thanks guys, I made them like ya said, no leftovers tonight!
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
1st_time_mom789
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I haven't no. But I am making them in my crock pot today. I live in an apartment and we aren't allowed to have grills so it's either grilling them on my stove, putting them in the oven, my skillet or the crock pot. Decided to give the crock pot a go this time.

Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband does. He sears them on both sides first and then wraps them in tinfoil and cooks them on low heat and then puts his homemade bbq sauce on when they are done. They are yummy. 

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Sure. Low and slow. 225 temp on the grill. Watch for flare ups. Also dont have the ribs over the heat. Flames on one side and ribs on the other. 

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

You could do ribs on the grill.  I'd probably wrap in tin foil. So they don't dry out.  But remember low and slow.  Not like sex.  Ha ha.   Like 200 degrees for a long time.  They come out tender.  At the halfway or 3/4 way point slather in your favorite rib sauce.   I like Sweet Baby Rays.

balletmom21
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM

We do ribs on the grill all the time. We make them in tin foil packets and add bbq sauce at the end.

-KJ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM
That's how I usually do them but we finally got a grill!

Quoting 1st_time_mom789:

I haven't no. But I am making them in my crock pot today. I live in an apartment and we aren't allowed to have grills so it's either grilling them on my stove, putting them in the oven, my skillet or the crock pot. Decided to give the crock pot a go this time.

-KJ
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Thanks, I'll have to try!

Quoting Aamy:

Sure. Low and slow. 225 temp on the grill. Watch for flare ups. Also dont have the ribs over the heat. Flames on one side and ribs on the other. 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM

That's is how my husband does his ribs also.

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

My husband does. He sears them on both sides first and then wraps them in tinfoil and cooks them on low heat and then puts his homemade bbq sauce on when they are done. They are yummy. 

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
That's the only way we ever do ribs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)