Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help!

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

I need help with a dog that was given to us from my DH's boss. He's a yorkie and his name is Cassidy. Well I just noticed that he has this red spot on his back by his tail and it looks really painful. I'm pretty sure he was an inside dog. Here is a pic. I hope its nothing major I bought him a spray that helps with the itch but he just keeps licking at it.
Sorry if the pic is big.
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

It looks like something a vet needs to see.  

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
It could be scabies which requires a quarantine and parasite medication. Its also contagious to humans. It could be a hot spot which will be made worse by a bug spray. I would shave the dog to start with, cone it and if you can't afford a weekend vet put it in a room with no carpet, no bedding (to prevent reinfection and spread of possible scabies) and bring it in on Monday.
lalalamama
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree 100%

Quoting NDADanceMom:

It could be scabies which requires a quarantine and parasite medication. Its also contagious to humans. It could be a hot spot which will be made worse by a bug spray. I would shave the dog to start with, cone it and if you can't afford a weekend vet put it in a room with no carpet, no bedding (to prevent reinfection and spread of possible scabies) and bring it in on Monday.

priincessz
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to take him to the vet hospital they have inside petsmart.

Quoting lalalamama:

Agree 100%

Quoting NDADanceMom:

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Oh gah I don't know I would take him to the vet.
Thunderbug75
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM

My guess would be a hot spot from an allergy.  But that is just a guess.

kjsaes
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM
My lab did that we were told by the vet to give him one human allergy tablet a day. We wrapped it in chesse he ate it fine and it took care of it
priincessz
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM
What kind of pill did you give him

Quoting kjsaes:

My lab did that we were told by the vet to give him one human allergy tablet a day. We wrapped it in chesse he ate it fine and it took care of it
blue123244
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM

take him to the vet

priincessz
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I bought him a spray for hot spots and gave him a cool bath with some oatmeal shampoo. Right now he is doing okay, he's not chewing at it as much as before.

Quoting Thunderbug75:

My guess would be a hot spot from an allergy.  But that is just a guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)